LEDIG STILLING PÅ HØYSKOLEN KRISTIANIA
Professor in Information Technology
Kristiania University College
Kristiania University College is Norway's largest independent university college with 13,500 students and a large educational offer in Oslo, Bergen and online. Kristiania's mission is to contribute to the enhancement of science and Norway's social and economic development through problem-driven and applied research and education.
A permanent full-time professor position is now available for an outstanding candidate in Information Technology at the School of Economics, Innovation, and Technology.
The School offers several study programs at the master and bachelor level that attract a high number of well-qualified students and maintains strong industry relations and research at high international level.
The School conducts research and delivers study programs in information technology, data science, entrepreneurship, and innovation. In the area of Information Technology does the School conduct interdisciplinary research in the areas of digitalization, information systems, computer science, human-computer interaction, and software technologies and their design.
The successful candidate will strengthen our research, educational profile, and planned PhD programme in Information Technology. The position requires candidates with a passion for research and teaching, curiosity, and good problem-solving skills.
Primary assessment criteria:
Candidates must hold a PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology, or an adjacent field.
They should have documented relevant pedagogical qualifications, supervision experience and demonstrated ability to deliver high quality teaching. Ability to teach data science, AI or machine learning is a benefit.
The applicant must document:
- Development in quality of teaching and supervision over time
- Broad experience of supervision, preferably at master / PhD level
- Participation in development of teaching in professional communities
Candidates must have a strong scientific record of scholarly publications and engagement in the international research community. They should be able to establish, lead, conduct and collaborate in research projects. Research is expected to be anchored within the field of Information Technology relevant for our PhD programme within the fields of Software Engineering and/or Computer Science. Experience from research management or academic management is an advantage.
The candidate for this position will be selected based on excellence and fit with the section’s research profile. Fluent oral and written communication skills in English is a prerequisite. Knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is desirable.
Kristiania has a goal of recruiting more women to permanent academic positions. Women are encouraged to apply.
Workplace is in beautiful Oslo, Norway.
Start date is 1st of January 2022.
- A salary according to qualifications
- A vibrant research community.
- An inspiring, friendly, and inclusive working environment.
- Attractive welfare arrangements.
- A downtown campus in Norway’s capital, Oslo.
How to apply
The application must include:
- Application letter
- A research position paper (1- 4 pages) describing the applicant’s vision and ambitions for the nearest future
- Detailed CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, and other qualifying activity).
- Complete list of scientific publications and merits.
- Copies of educational certificates and diplomas. Diplomas issued in other languages than Scandinavian or English must be provided in the original language as well as in an English translation.
- Full text of up to 10 selected publications the applicant wishes to include in the evaluation
- A teaching portfolio describing the applicant's qualifications and focus on students learning, and research attitude towards teaching and learning.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail, and telephone number).
Application deadline: 01.10.2021
Applications will be screened continuously until the positions have been filled.
- Eivind Brevik (Instituttleder), +47 90513650, [email protected]