LEDIG STILLING VED OSLOMET
Two MA* student assistants (BAPD1300 & BAPD1500)
OsloMet – storbyuniversitetet er landets tredje største universitet, med over 20 000 studenter og mer enn 2000 ansatte. OsloMet leverer kunnskap og yrkesutøvere samfunnet er avhengig av, og er tett på arbeidslivets behov. OsloMet er et urbant og mangfoldig universitet med internasjonalt preg og et attraktivt studie- og arbeidssted med studiesteder midt i Oslo og på Kjeller ved Lillestrøm. Tilstedeværelsen i hovedstadsregionen gir universitetet gode muligheter til å forstå og høste fordelene av byens varierte befolkningssammensetning.
Fakultetet tilbyr høyere utdanning innen tekniske fag, kunstfag og designfag, og har forsknings- og utviklingsaktiviteter innen disse fagfeltene. Fakultet for teknologi, kunst og design (TKD) har om lag 3 000 studenter og om lag 280 ansatte, og holder til i Pilestredet i Oslo sentrum og på Kjeller utenfor Lillestrøm.
Institutt for produktdesign tilbyr bachelor- og masterstudium i produktdesign, og har forsknings- og utviklingsaktiviteter.
Two MA* student assistants are required for work with first year BA courses, BAPD1300 & BAPD1500
*Third year BA students may also be applicable for these roles and are encouraged to apply
Do you want to make a difference and contribute with academic support to other students?
The students' academic and social study situation has been greatly affected by the pandemic. Most of the teaching has been digital for a long time and the campus has been occasionally closed. All faculties at OsloMet now employ students as part of the Student Package as an initiative from the Ministry of Education. The students will work with academic follow-up of fellow students. The initiative will function as a contribution to good learning outcomes, learning environment and study progression for students at OsloMet. We encourage committed students to contribute to this important work.
Your tasks will mainly be
The student assistant will help to plan and initiate activities for academic follow-up of other students and shall work with:
- The student assistants are expected to contribute actively to tutoring activities pertaining to the planned content and delivery of the BAPD1300 (Konstruksjon og form) and BAPD1500 (Produktutvikling, estetikk og marked) courses
- The student assistants may also be able to hold their own supplementary workshops, in agreement with the respective course leaders
- This collaborative effort aims to facilitate the sharing of professional experiences and insights in, from, - and related to the study of Product Design
- The student assistants will be afforded an opportunity to practice in the role of mentors, whilst simultaneously establishing an awareness of their own competence and skill-sets
- Through dissemination and collaboration in problem-based learning, we wish to enable a broader range of conversations about Product Design, as characterized by engaging participants with differing perspectives
The work is expected to require:
Approximately 20 hours per month from August 30 to November 7 (a total of 40 hours per assistant). The workload may be unevenly distributed during this period.
We are looking for the following qualifications
- You must be a registered 2nd year MA (or 3rd year BA) student at the Department of Product Design at OsloMet during the requested working period to apply for this position
- You must have excellent communication skills, preferably in both a Scandinavian language as well as English
- You’re naturally social and confident in engaging and speaking with other students
- You must have a solid understanding of digital meeting tools such as Zoom & Teams, as well as a solid levels of general digital competency
- We would prefer that you have undertaken the 1300 & 1500 courses yourself, although as these have been updated, this isn’t strictly necessary
Personal suitability, professional qualifications and academic achievements will be emphasized.
Please note that as a student assistant at OsloMet, you cannot have contracts that exceed 37.5 percent of a full-time position in total, (corresponding to 15 hours a week on average).
- Fixed salary in accordance with specified hours and working period in salary step 29 (NOK 178,80 per hour)
- Training package for student assistants at OsloMet
- The opportunity to make an important difference for your fellow students
- Opportunity for professional development and relevant experience
- Opportunity to collaborate with other students and faculty staff
To apply, you must upload a copy of a valid student ID, CV, and a short application text of between 150 and 300 words as an attachment in the recruitment system. Applications and documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
If you want further information, you can contact:
- Head of studies BA Product Design, Sam Bannister, mobile: 474 45 075, email: [email protected]
If you want to apply for the position, you must apply electronically in the OsloMet recruitment system.
Application period: Now to 22. of August 2021
OsloMet er Charter & Code sertifisert av EU-kommisjonen med rettigheter til å bruke logoen HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) og medlem i nettverket EURAXESS som bidrar til gode arbeidsforhold for mobile forskere. OsloMet har sluttet seg til prinsippene og forpliktet institusjonen til å følge anbefalingene i DORA-erklæringen (sfdora.org) (The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment).