LEDIG STILLING VED NILU
Post Doctoral position (3 years) - sensor technology and society group
NILU - Norsk institutt for luftforskning skal gjennom forskning øke forståelsen for prosesser og effekter knyttet til atmosfærens sammensetning, klimaendringer, luftkvalitet og miljøgifter.
NILU har en sterk posisjon nasjonalt og internasjonalt, og er innenfor utvalgte fagfelt blant de ledende fagmiljøer i verden. NILU har ca. 165 ansatte.
NILU – Norwegian Institute for Air Research is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to support the ongoing research and development work within the sensor technology and society group. We seek a candidate with extensive expertise in data mining, statistical analysis, geo-processing and machine learning.
The candidate will work in multi-disciplinary research projects aimed at improving environmental management using novel sensor technologies and collaborative innovation. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in the following projects: NordicPATH-Nordic participatory, healthy and people-centred cities (nordicpath.nilu.no); iFLINK-Innovative environmental monitoring using sensors (iflink.nilu.no); Co-Mobility-Co-creating inclusive mobility; VAPE-Virtual air pollution experience(vape-edu.pl/); EmCliC-Embodying Climate Change: transdisciplinary research on urban overheating; and GreenHeat-Towards collaborative local decarbonization.
The research will focus on the synergistic exploitation of novel low-cost sensor networks (including static, mobile and wearable sensors) by improving and combining sensor data with other suitable datasets, including for example satellite remote sensing data, air quality and traffic models, mobility data and questionnaires. The output of the research will be of great societal relevance and will support research, policy making and citizen science. The candidate will be expected to document research by publishing papers in peer-reviewed journals and present technical results at scientific conferences.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who can work independently, efficiently, and is proactive in solving problems. The candidate should be interested in working in an international team with a diverse set of backgrounds, where sharing of resources and teamwork is important. The candidate can pursue independent and complementary research interests within the group and interact with a broad spectrum of researchers both internally and externally to the sensor technology and society group.
The following requirements of the applicant are essential:
- Knowledge in R and/or Python
- Experience with environmental sensor networks
- Experience with processing (large) geospatial datasets
- Knowledge of atmospheric science
- Experience working with Linux and computing clusters
- Good communication skills in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
The application must include (as a single complete PDF file):
- Short application letter including a statement of motivation and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- List of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
- Copies of educational certificates and degrees
- Coding samples (e.g. link to GitHub and/or Kaggle account)
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications with missing documents will not be considered further. Original documentation may be requested.
We can offer:
- International environment with professional and friendly colleagues from all over the world, and broad experience and complementary competence
- Access to a wide network of national and international collaborators
- A constantly learning environment with participation in conferences, workshops, and international training events
- Flexible working hours
- Open source and open access philosophy regarding software and data
- Excellent pension, welfare, and insurance schemes, and a competitive salary
- Easy access to the greater Oslo region with plenty of opportunities for cultural and outdoor activities
Informal enquiries about the available position can be directed to:
- Senior Scientist Nuria Castell ([email protected])