LEDIG STILLING VED HØGSKULEN PÅ VESTLANDET
Senior Advisor - Division of Research, Internationalisation and Innovation
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
With about 17,000 students, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest higher education institutions in Norway. A broad range of academic programmes are offered at Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, spread out on five campuses Førde, Sogndal, Bergen, Stord og Haugesund.
Our ambition is to build stronger and more solid academic and research environments that will interact nationally and internationally. The aim is to become a recognized actor on the international higher education arena. Increased international cooperation and engagement in externally funded projects will work towards this goal.
The unit for research support under the Division of research, internationalisation and innovation, is one of HVLs administrative units and is primarly working with external funding of research an innovation projects, Ph.D. education and research ethics/ personal data protection in research.
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, division of Research, Internationalisation and Innovation has one available position as senior advisor.
We are looking for a senior adviser with in-depth knowledge of internationalisation in higher education and research. The senior adviser should have a good track record of successful project development within the Erasmus programme and extensive experience and network within European higher education collaboration. The senior adviser will work primarily with external funding through Erasmus+ Key Actions 2 and 3 within the Division of Research, Internationalization and Innovation and contribute to increased number of Erasmus+ centralized projects at HVL.
The main task will be administrative support for external funding, primarily with project development in the prefunding phase. Projects are developed in teams with academic staff, advisers, project economists and other relevant support staff such as librarians, media, and communication advisers etc.
EU and the Norwegian Directorate for Higher Education and Skills (HK-dir.) are the main funding sources, but applications towards other funders/sources are also supported. The senior adviser is expected to contribute to the optimal collective performance of HVLs adviser team on internationalisation, research, and innovation.
Place of work is one of HVL's five campuses
Key duties- and responsibilities:
The main tasks for the senior adviser are to carry out administrative duties with a specific focus on:
- Increasing impact and competitiveness of HVL’s external funding within Erasmus+
- Hands on support in application development for external funding within Erasmus+
- Provide training in developing applications for external funding
- Being informed about the development of EU framework programs, with a specific focus on Erasmus+, calls and topics
- Provide strategic advice to leaders, academics and administrative staff on matters related to EU and national funding policy for higher education and research
- Contribute to development of strategies and action plans, carry out assessment and analysis within the field
- Participate in the development of administrative procedures for internationalisation at HVL (including digitalisation of procedures) and project management.
- Contribute to the optimal collective performance of HVLs adviser team on internationalisation, research, and innovation
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- A master’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience from internationalisation in higher education
- A track record of successful application development or participation in EU-funded projects, particularly Erasmus+
- Considerable experience in European internationalisation of higher education policy and strategy work
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good digital competency
- Good knowledge of the university sector
- Good networking, teamwork, communication, and intercultural skills
- Good drafting skills and good knowledge about the project lifecycle
- A proactive, analytic and goal orientated mindset
• Good occupational pension, insurance and loan schemes from The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund• Exciting academic environment with the possibility of competence enhancement and development• Opportunities for training within the working hours
The position as senior adviser/adviser is paid according to the Government's salary regulation, in position code 1364 - Senior Adviser.
There is a compulsory 2 % deduction to the pension fund (see http://www.spk.no/en for more information). The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
Please use the link “Apply for this job” (“Søk stillingen”).
The applicants are responsible for ensuring that all the documentation is submitted before the closing date.
Applications cannot be sent by e-mail or to individuals at the college.
The appointment will be made in accordance with the regulations for State employees Law in Norway ("Lov om statens ansatte)". Organizational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities associated with the position must be expected.
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and gender composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds.
Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected. Applicants may be called in for an interview.
1) Deputy director, Elin Kvaale, 55 58 55 52 / 412 01796