LEDIG STILLING VED NMBU
Associate professor in Physics
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
NMBU has a particular responsibility for research and education that secures the basis for the life of future generations. Sustainability is rooted in everything we do and we deliver knowledge for life. NMBU has 1,900 employees of which about 300 phd scholarships and 6,700 students. The university is divided into seven faculties.
NMBU believes that a good working environment is characterised by diversity.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, functional ability, cultural background or whether you have been outside the labour market for a period. If necessary, workplace adaptations will be made for persons with disabilities.
More information about NMBU is available at www.nmbu.no.
About The Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology (REALTEK) develops research-based knowledge and educates civil engineers and lecturers needed to reach the UN's sustainability goals. We have approximately 150 employees, 70 PhD students and soon 1500 students. The education and research at REALTEK cover a broad spectrum of disciplines.
This includes data science, mechanics and process engineering, robotics, construction and architecture, industrial economics, environmental physics and renewable energy, geomatics, water and environmental engineering, applied mathematics as well as secondary school teacher education in natural sciences and use of natural resources such as in agriculture, forestry and aquaculture. The workplace is in Ås, 30 km from Oslo.
We seek a highly motivated researcher to contribute to and strengthen research and teaching in environmental physics and renewable energy.
About the position
The Faculty of Science and Technology (REALTEK) has a vacant, full time and permanent Associate professor position in Physics.
We are seeking a candidate to complement and extend research activities conducted at the Faculty of Science and Technology within energy systems. We are looking for candidates interested in technologies for electrical power distribution and storage of energy in future energy systems based on renewable energy carriers.
The successful candidate will be assigned to teach courses in physics at the undergraduate level and graduate courses in energy related topics in general. Supervision of MSc candidates in the programme Environmental physics and renewable energy and PhD candidates within the applicant’s research field will constitute an important part of the position.
REALTEK offers new academic staff an attractive onboarding package:
- If you are not already main supervisor for a PhD-student, you will be prioritized when distributing university funded PhD positions.
- You will get NOK 50.000 as start-up-funding for conference fee, travels, etc.
- Teaching basic physics courses at the undergraduate level
- Develop and teach graduate level physics courses
- Scientific research within energy systems at an internationally respected level
- Supervision of MSc and PhD students
- Academic administration
Required Academic qualifications
- BSc and MSc or equivalent in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- PhD in Physics or Energy technology. PhD degrees taken at non-Norwegian universities must be approved as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD degree.
- Documented educational competence using a “teaching portfolio” with a description of;
- Pedagogical qualifications, completed a programme of at least 200 hours and pedagogical experience
- Teaching-, pedagogical- and tutoring experience
- Basic teaching skills in planning, implementation, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision
Those who do not meet the educational requirements for employment shall be required to meet them within two years of employment. The required training will be provided by NMBU.
- Considerable experience in energy distribution systems, power grids and/or energy storage systems.
- Experience with battery systems and/or transmission and distribution of electrical power and energy
- Data analysis skills
- Track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
Desired academic qualifications:
- Data acquisition skills and experience with measurement techniques, experimental physics, electrical engineering or related subjects
- Administrative experience
The following language skills are required:
- Good oral and written English
- Fluency in a Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish) for teaching at the undergraduate level. Candidates not fluent in a Scandinavian language will be committed to pass a Norwegian language test at the B2 level within three years of employment.
Required personal skills:
- Strong motivation for working with energy physics and renewable energy technology
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
Personal qualities and suitability for the position such as motivation with regards to establishing and developing relevant research activities and to successfully attract research funding will be given considerable weight.
A priority at NMBU is to increase the percentage of women in permanent academic positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Remuneration and further information
The position is placed in government pay scale position code 1011 Associate Professor, wage framework 24, salary grade 68-77 (NOK 626 100 – 752 800), depending on qualifications. Seniority Promotion in position.
Pursuant to the Personal Data Act, we will hereby notify you that the report of the expert committee will be sent to all applicants.
For further information, please contact:
- Professor Espen Olsen, department head, E-mail: [email protected]; phone +47 67231566
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button above. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Application deadline: 15.02.2022
Up to ten publications selected by the applicant as most relevant must be attached to the application. If it is difficult to identify the contribution of the applicant in multiple-author publications, a short explanation about the applicant’s part of the work is suggested.
Applicants must also enclose documentation of their educational competence, called an educational directory. See NMBU's guide for applicants and members of the expert committee for documentation and assessment of educational competence for a position as associate professor.
Printed material which cannot be sent electronically should be sent by surface mail to Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, within 15.02.2022. Please quote reference number 21/06106
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to present verified copies of diplomas and certificates.