Ledig stilling ved Høgskolen i Innlandet
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University) is home to over 14,000 students and 1,000 employees, and has campuses in Lillehammer, Hamar, Elverum, Rena, Evenstad and Blæstad.
INN University aspires to build strong and enduring academic and research environments that will spearhead regionally, nationally and internationally. We are developing a new and better institution with high academic and pedagogical quality, aiming at achieving university accreditation by 2020.
Our vision is "Stronger Together".
The Evenstad campus is located at the heart of Østerdalen in Stor-Elvdal municipality, approximately 20 km south of Koppang. The campus has a dynamic and inclusive study and academic environment, as well as scenic surroundings.
The Evenstad campus is one of three campuses affiliated with the Faculty of Applied Ecology, Agricultural Sciences and Biotechnology.
At Evenstad, we offer degree programs in applied ecology, forestry and wildlife management.
Professor/ Associate Professor within the discipline wildlife health or wildlife physiology
About the position
The Faculty of Applied Ecology, Agricultural Sciences and Biotechnology invites candidates to apply for a 3-year veterinarian position with the possibility of extension based at campus Evenstad.
The position will support contract veterinary services provided by Campus Evenstad to research and management projects both internally and externally. The selected candidate is expected to perform fieldwork including anesthesia of wildlife, to advise colleagues on ethical applications and to participate in teaching of bachelors and masters students. The position will also develop their own research area within wildlife health, physiology or ecology and is expected to actively apply for external financing, both as a primary applicant and as a collaborator.
This position is expected to work as part of a collaborative team including field technicians, PhD and masters students
The position is temporary, 100 %, for the period 01.10.2020-30.09.2023
- Professor Jon Martin Arnemo, email: [email protected]
Qualifications and personal skills
We are searching for applicants with a general high theoretical and methodical competence. We emphasize high quality scientific production during the latest years and indications that this production will continue for the years to come, supervision of PhD or MS students, contract work and/or successful applications for research grants, experience initiating, leading and collaborating in research projects and international activity.
- The person to be appointed must have a PhD degree in a related field (wildlife health or wildlife physiology) before starting the position. Current PhD students should indicate expected completion date in their application.
- Good skills in both a Scandinavian language and English, both oral and written are required.
- The candidate must have an active veterinary license in Norway and Sweden by the time of interview.
- The candidate should be qualified to immobilize wildlife in Norway and/or Sweden including having taking immobilization courses in Norway or Sweden and having a hunting license in Norway or Sweden.
- Documented practical-pedagogical education and experience, preferably aimed at higher education, cf. Regulations on employment and promotion in teaching and research positions.
- Interest in digitalization and new forms of teaching
The applicant should be motivated to teach and have excellent communication skills.
Applicants who cannot document pedagogical competence during employment are obliged to complete INN University's course in university college pedagogy or equivalent within two years from the date of appointment.
- Publishing in English in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in capture of wildlife including large mammals.
- Experience with FOTS and ethical applications in Norway and/or Sweden and with biosecurity for laboratory procedures including sample collection and processing.
- Experience applying for and success in acquiring research funding as applicant and/or participant.
- Previous background working in a clinical setting (small, large, exotic or zoo animal).
- We are searching for reliable candidates who can work independently, and contribute to the positive work environment in our team. We emphasize personal qualifications when appointing personnel to the faculty.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to assume different roles that require collaboration with technicians, PhD students, masters students, bachelors students and other collaborators.
- Interest in learning new skills, programs and in thinking about science in new ways.
- We are looking for a colleague which is scientifically relevant, with interest and skills in research and teaching and who is interested in contributing to develop our studies and scientific environment with a long-term perspective. Abilities and motivation to pursue research work, both alone and in collaboration with others is important.
For more information on the formal qualification requirements, see Regulations on employment and promotion in teaching and research positions
If no applicant who meets the competence requirements for permanent employment has applied for the position, temporary employment in a lower position can be offered for up to three years, cf. §6-5 of the Universities and University Colleges Act.
Determination of which candidate is best qualified for the position is made after a comprehensive assessment of education, experience and personal compatibility and other qualification requirements as formulated in the vacancy text, as well as motivation for the position.
How to apply
Application and CV are to be registered electronically via "Apply for position"
The application must include:
- Application letter
- Comprehensive overview of education, diplomas, work experience, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, acquisition work, coordination experience and other qualifying activities
- Documentation of pedagogical qualifications in a systematic, comprehensive presentation, including overview of formal pedagogical training, pedagogical practical experience (e.g. teaching / supervision experience), experience in study programme quality development, development of educational programmes, curriculum development, etc. In addition, one page of reflection on your pedagogical background and your own pedagogical development is required
- List of references (include research project collaborators and pedagogic references, for example, students which were taught or BSc, MSc or PhD students who received supervision).
- List of publications
- Norwegian and Swedish Veterinary Licenses
If you have any questions about uploading an attachment or other technical matters regarding the application, Jobbnorge customer service can be contacted. Contact information is provided as a link in the application form.
Relevant applications will be considered by an expert committee. Comprehensive CVs, certified copies of diplomas and certificates, publication lists and documents/works to be considered must be submitted as electronic attachments or links to the application.
Qualified applicants will be invited to an interview and a test of practical teaching skills.
Requests for exemptions from the public applicant list must be clearly justified and stated via the electronic application form. Applicants will be contacted if INN University cannot comply with the request (cf. § 25 of the Freedom of Information Act).
The state workforce should, as far as possible, reflect the diversity of the population. It is therefore a personnel policy goal at INN University to achieve a balanced age and gender composition and to recruit people with an immigrant background. If necessary, the working conditions are adapted for persons with disabilities. If applicants declare in their CV that they have a disability, this information may be used for registration purposes in connection with the target employment numbers.
- An academically stimulating work environment with engaged colleagues and a growing institution.
- An attractive place to live with immediate access to nature.
- A beautiful campus, situated in peaceful surroundings with train access to both cities and airports.
- Good welfare benefits.
- Good pension benefits, under the Norwegian Public Service Pension Funds.
- An exciting and challenging job at a developing institution, dedicated colleagues and a supportive working environment
- The position’s salary follows position code 1013 professor/ 1011 associate professor in the state's wage regulations, determined according to competence and experience
For more information about INN University as an employer, please see here.