Institutt for energiteknikk har en ledig spennende stilling!
Researcher in environmental industrial and chemical processes - Mineral and metal processing
Institute for Energy Technology
Research for a better future.
IFE is an independent research foundation based in Norway at Kjeller and in Halden. We are in the forefront internationally in several fields within digital technologies, material and process technology, flow and analysis technologies, radiopharmaceutical technology and nuclear technology. IFE develops new solutions for the industry and public sector in over 30 countries. IFE is host to the international OECD Halden Project. We are about 600 employees and the annual turnover is about NOK 1 billion. Read more about IFE at www.ife.no/en
Sector Material and Process Technology.
Sector Material and Process Technology performs research within renewable energy systems, solar energy, batteries and hydrogen as the future’s energy carriers, energy materials and nanotechnology, advanced material characterization by use of neutrons, material processing, as well as within environmentally friendly industrial processes.
IFE hosts two of Norway’s eight Centres for Environment-friendly Energy Research (FME), the FME Research Centre for Sustainable Solar Cell Technology (SuSolTech), and the FME Mobility Zero Emission Energy Systems (MoZEES), covering battery and hydrogen research.
The department "Environmental Industrial Processes (MILJØ)" focuses on research and development of new technologies to reduce the environmental impact related to the production and utilization of energy and materials. The focus areas are: CO2 capture and use, hydrogen production with integrated CO2 capture, thermal conversion processes, bioenergy/biofuels production, mineral- and metal-based industrial processes and material development (CO2 sorbents, catalysts, oxygen and energy carriers, multifunctional materials). Activities include: material and process technology development, design of experimental facilities, experimental validation, process design, upscaling of chemical processes, technical feasibility studies, modeling and simulation and material characterization. The Department has active participation in several national and international networks and R&D forums (Hydrogen Europe Research, EERA, EMIRI, OREEC, etc.). In addition, the Department is a research partner in the FME “Norwegian Centre for Sustainable Bio-based Fuels and Energy, Bio4Fuels”. The major part of these research activities is supported by Norwegian and international industry partners, together with funding programmes from the Research Council of Norway and the European Union. The candidate will work in the field of environmental industrial technology with focus on mineral processing by chemical (inorganic and organic) and physical methods, and integrating CO2 capture and utilization processes, and materials production and characterization.
The candidate is expected to have an established professional network and to initiate new contacts and collaborations with industry and scientific partners. He/she has to be able to generate and lead successful research projects, including coordination of project teams, management of project economy and supervision of teams. Experience with European, Norwegian and/or international research programs and funding schemes, as well as industrial research projects, is required.
He/she will be responsible of performing work tasks within research projects, under the supervision of a project leader or as the main responsible, including:
- Explore technology gaps in the field, to generate and develop new technological concepts for industrial needs: “from concept to prototype”
- Project generation (funds raising): marketing of the technology portfolio, identification of funding programs, building up Consortia, applications writing and project establishment
- Identification and planning of necessary infrastructure, experimental setups and equipment for R&D activities in the field.
- Leading full or Work Package project/s (as first management or in co-leadership)
- Planning and managing experimental campaigns in the setups, including resource allocation, documentation, data analysis and reporting of results
- Scientific data and results evaluation according to the project and customers´ goals
- Safety work/HES related to infrastructure and instruments
- Main responsible of tests campaigns at bigger scale when necessary
- Communication and dissemination activities: marketing and Consortia generation with industry and funding bodies, presentation of results in relevant arenas (e.g. conferences, seminars), publication of scientific papers, etc.
- Intellectual property protection (patenting, etc.) when relevant
- Engineering degree or MSc in process technology, metallurgy, chemical engineering, chemistry, or similar. In addition, either PhD plus min. 2-years experience or 5 years of relevant experience in research or industry
- Experience in mineral and metal R&D and/or industry
- Desirable, knowledge in circular economy, especially with focus on materials streams
- Experience in planning and managing experimental facilities (reactors and other equipment, test rigs and instrumentation), from laboratory to prototype scale
- Knowledge on hydrometallurgy and wet chemistry. Knowledge in pyrometallurgy is an advantage
- Knowledge on solids production and characterization
- Competence in industrial process design, simulation and modeling tools (e.g. ASPEN, HYSYS, Matlab, Labview) is an advantage
- Ability to take initiatives and highly result and solution-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as within the research team
- Quality-oriented, responsible, dedicated and structured
- Motivated to learn new industrial processes and the scientific and technical challenges around them
- Flexible, versatile and open to work on a varied range of lab-to-prototype facilities
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Norwegian is an advantage
- Exciting and challenging work in an interdisciplinary, international and growing environment within an broad network of academic and industrial partners
- Participation in scientific projects of high international level in the field of environmental process technology and material science
- Stimulating and positive work environment
- Social benefits including pension, life insurance and accident insurance
- Competitive salary terms and working conditions
- A workplace that will promote the employees’ health, environment and safety
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
Webcruiter ID: 4320167775
- Maria Asuncion Aranda Sanchez (Department Head), 936 24 893
- Arve Holt (Research Director), 482 07 541