Aker BioMarine har en ledig spennende stilling!
Director R&D / Senior Scientist - Human Nutrition and Health
Aker BioMarine is a leading biotechnology company developing krill-derived products for consumer health and wellness and animal nutrition. The company has a strong position in its industry.
Aker BioMarine develops krill-based bioactive ingredients for use in the nutraceutical, aquaculture and animal feed market. Its fully traceable value chain stretches from sustainable krill harvesting operations in Antarctica through the logistics hub in Montevideo to its state-of-the-art factory in Houston and all the way to its customers around the world. Aker BioMarine is a subsidiary of Aker ASA.
Superba™ Krill is a pure form of omega-3s that are more easily absorbed by the human body, providing health benefits, including boosting heart, brain, and joint health.
QRILL™ Aqua is a functional feed ingredient for shrimp, marine fish, and salmonids, increasing productivity in aquaculture - through improved growth, health and quality.
QRILL™ Pet is a functional ingredient for pet nutrition with documented health benefits for companion animals. Proven in numerous studies to benefit pet health, the omega-3s help maintain the health of the heart, kidneys, liver, joints, brain, eyes, skin and coat.
What you can expect from working in Aker BioMarine:
You can expect hard work and a lot of fun and challenges. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. If you show initiative and desire for more responsiblity, we will give it to you and support you along the way. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in our industry and always striving to raise the bar.
In Aker BioMarine we believe in a world where everyone has access to quality nutrition and good health without compromising the planet.
We are looking for more people like us, who believe they can make a difference in the world.
We are about 580 employees globally, with more than 30 nationalities, spread across all time zones and most continents. Together, we form an international, high performing, diverse and fun work environment.
Director R&D/Senior Scientist - Human Nutrition and Health
We are looking for our next colleague within human health and nutrition. The person we are looking is passionate about science and human health and nutrition. Your competency and experience will help deepen and broaden scientific knowledge and documentation on biological/clinical effects of new and exciting products derived from krill. Your daily work will be within nutrition research and development, leading pre-clinical/clinical studies with CRO’s, and exploratory/mechanistic work with academic institutions.
Sounds interesting? Give us a call or apply today!
- Research within human nutrition and health
- Stay updated on developments within relevant scientific areas
- Proactively identify indications/potential physiological effects for new/existing krill derived products
- Ensure that new knowledge is communicated within the organization
- Contribute to the development of a long-term science strategy
- Contribute to applications for and obtain public funding of Aker BioMarine research
- Assist the Innovation Team on relevant projects and ad hoc tasks
- Support Communication, Sales and Marketing departments
- Review relevant literature and develop novel hypotheses for target indications
- Responsible for planning, designing and monitoring progress of trials
- Establish partnerships and contracts with relevant CROs, universities etc.
- Publish / contribute to publications of the studies described above
- High integrity
- Passionate about science and clinical trials
- Creative and driven by scientific curiosity
- Strategic and structured
- Positive and outgoing
- Well-articulated and able to engage
- Proactive with independent motivation
- Team orientated with great cooperative skills
- Experience in management of preclinical and clinical trials
- 5+ years in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or nutraceutical or related industry
- Extensive experience working in and/or managing CROs for protocol design, study execution and reporting
- Experience in research with phospholipids, omega-3’s and/or protein would be an advantage
The Director R&D/Senior Scientist - Human Nutrition and Health will work at our head offices at Fornebu, Norway. International travel will be required to some extent.
For more information about the position or process, please contact:
- Line Johnsen, (+4748261836)
Link to this job: https://akerbiomarine.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=102