Ledig stilling ved Simula
Two Post-docs to work in the project “Enabling Graph Neural Networks at Exascale”
Simula Research Laboratory AS
About Simula and its HPC department
Simula Research Laboratory AS is a publicly owned research institute located at Fornebu outside of Oslo, Norway. It is a multi-cultural organization, employing about 150 individuals from 29 countries. Simula conducts ICT research in the fields of communication technology, scientific computing and software engineering. Simula's main objective is to generate new understanding and create vital knowledge about fundamental scientific challenges that are of genuine value for society. This is achieved through high quality research, education of graduate students, industry collaboration, technology transfer and commercialization.
The High-Performance Computing Department at Simula has its overall objective to enable an effective use of future-embracing hardware for advanced computations. The research subjects encompass parallel programming methodologies & software development, high-performance heterogeneous computing, and huge-scale applications of scientific computing and machine learning. The targeted hardware architectures include the last-generation CPUs and general-purpose accelerators, as well as bleeding-edge domain-specific processors. The HPC department operates a number of research projects funded by The Research Council of Norway and The European Commission. In particular, the HPC department is the host of the national e-infrastructure eX3 (https://www.ex3.simula.no) which has an extremely heterogeneous composition of processor architectures, interconnect technologies, and memory/storage solutions.
High-Performance Computing - Call for two Post-docs to work in the project “Enabling Graph Neural Networks at Exascale”
Simula Research Laboratory is one of the main partners of the newly funded EuroHPC project “SparCity”. Two post-docs are to be recruited to carry out research activities of this project on the Simula site.
About the Positions
Simula Research Laboratory invites outstanding applicants for two 2-year post-doc positions, who will carry out research activities within the Enabling Graph Neural Networks at Exascale (EGNE) project, which has the overall objective to scale graph neural networks to supercomputers using efficient algorithms and high-performance implementations. The implementations will be designed for large scale applications in social network analysis.
The default starting date for both positions is January 1, 2021, although there is some flexibility in this regard.
The two positions will carry out research activities of the EGNE, under supervision and assistance of senior staff and in collaboration with the University of Bergen. The two post-docs are also expected to actively collaborate with researchers at the other members of the project group. Writing scientific publications and software code, as well as disseminating/reporting the project’s research findings, are included in the responsibilities of the two positions. Moreover, the two post-docs are expected to become an integral part of Simula’s HPC department.
All applicants must hold a PhD degree in computer science or related fields. The applicants should also have a strong track record in scientific publication and dissemination. All applicants must have research expertise in at least two of the following subjects:
- Graph neural networks and neural networks in general
- Parallel programing (OpenMPI, MPI)
- Accelerator programing (GPUs, IPUs)
- Performance optimization
- Graph algorithms and network science
- excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers;
- an informal and inclusive international working environment;
- generous support for conference travel and equipment (incl. laptop, phone and electronic communication subscriptions);
- opportunities to build an international network through established collaborations with industry, exchange programs, and research visits to other universities;
- modern office facilities located by the Oslo fjord and a 10-minute drive from the centre of Oslo;
- a competitive salary, starting from NOK 532,300
- numerous benefits, such as access to company cabins, various bonus arrangements, sponsored social events, subsidized canteen meals and monthly bus pass, comprehensive travel/health insurance policy, free access to gym, etc.;
- relocation assistance: accommodation, visas, complimentary Norwegian language courses, etc;
- administrative research support: e.g., quality assurance process for grant proposals (including RCN and EU programs);
- wellness and work-life balance: flexible work arrangements to help balance work and home life efficiently.
- Cover letter
- A research statement
- Curriculum Vitae (including a complete publication list) and contact info of at least two references
Note that all attachments must be submitted in PDF format.
To avoid misplacement, please make sure to include your first and last name in the filenames of all documents that you submit to us.
Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis and the position will be open until filled. Preferred starting date as soon as possible.
- Inquiries about the two post-doc positions can be made by email to Dr. Johannes Langguth ([email protected])