LEDIG STILLING VED HØGSKOLEN I INNLANDET
Pedagogic adviser - Faculty of Applied Ecology and Biotechnology
About the position
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University) is home to over 14,000 students and 1,000 employees, and has campuses in Lillehammer, Hamar, Elverum, Rena, Evenstad and Blæstad.
INN University aspires to build strong and enduring academic and research environments that will spearhead regionally, nationally and internationally.
We are developing a new and better institution with high academic and pedagogical quality, aiming at achieving university accreditation by 2020.
Our vision is "Stronger Together".
The Faculty of Applied Ecology and Biotechnology at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN) is seeking for a 50% Pedagogic Advisor. The position will be linked to project “1000FARMS” led by CGIAR in collaboration with INN and Wageningen University. The position will run for a period of 12 months, with possible extension depending on availability of funds. INN is responsible for developing the capacity building component aiming to develop a curriculum to deliver state-of-art knowledge on decentralized experimental agriculture and user-centred design in agriculture. The candidate is expected to work at Campus Blæstad with constant interaction with 1000FARMS partners in Africa and Latin America and occasional duty travels to some countries in these regions.
- Contribute to the development of the 1000FARMS Capacity Building Curriculum
- Assist in developing the course materials
- Assist in the implementation of presential piloting courses in the target countries
- Revise and update course materials after student’s feedback from pilot courses
- Contribute to the development of materials in Spanish for the teams in Latin America
- Contribute to the improvements on the 1000FARMS’ digital platforms from an educational perspective
The candidate must possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in Pedagogy, or equivalent education
- A master’s degree in Development Studies, or equivalent education
- Previous experience working with rural communities and extension services in the Global South
- Previous experience working for international organizations in agriculture
- Previous experience working with multi-stakeholders’ platforms in agriculture
- Proficiency in Spanish
Further preference will be given to candidates with proven ability to work in different contexts (office and field) as field work is expected to be performed in remote areas of Africa and Latin America. The candidate, ideally, will demonstrate a clear perspective on the current challenges in international agricultural development from an educational perspective.
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Application letter including a brief account of the applicant's research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- CV detailing your relevant educational background and experience (registered in Jobbnorge's form).
- Copies of academic diplomas and transcripts (A certified English translation of all educational documents is required unless the documents are in Norwegian.)
- A list of publications.
- The names and contact information for two referees.
Any other documentation you would like us to consider.
Attachments must be uploaded as separate files. If the attachments exceed 30 MB, they must be compressed prior to upload. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all attachments are uploaded. Documents submitted after expiry of the deadline will not be considered in the evaluation of your application.
- An exciting and challenging position at a developing institution
- Position is paid and placed in position code 1363 in the Government Salary Scale
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension, with among other things, good pension and insurance schemes.
For more information about INN University as an employer, please see here.
For further details about the position, please contact:
- Associate professor Kaue De Sousa, email: [email protected]
HINN believes that there is strength in inclusion and diversity. We desire employees with different competencies, professional combinations, life experiences and perspectives to contribute to an even better way of solving problems. We will facilitate for employees who need assistance to realise their goals. Relevant adaptations can be, for example, technical aids, adapting furniture or adjusting routines, work tasks and working hours.
If there are qualified applicants with disabilities, gaps in the CV or immigrant background, we shall call at least one applicant in each of these categories for an interview. In order to be considered as an applicant in these groups, the applicants must meet certain requirements. You can read more on this here.
We encourage applicants to tick in Jobbnorge if they have a disability, a gap in their CV or immigrant background. The ticks in the jobseeker portal form the basis for anonymised statistics that all state-owned enterprises report in their annual reports
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.