LEDIG STILLING VED HØGSKOLEN I INNLANDET
Post Doc Fellowship in Business Analytics and Innovation
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University) is home to over 14,000 students and 1,000 employees, and has campuses in Lillehammer, Hamar, Elverum, Rena, Evenstad and Blæstad.
INN University aspires to build strong and enduring academic and research environments that will spearhead regionally, nationally and internationally.
We are developing a new and better institution with high academic and pedagogical quality, aiming at achieving university accreditation by 2020.
Our vision is "Stronger Together".
Inland School of Business and Social Sciences invite applications for a Post Doc Fellowship in Business Analytics and Innovation
About the position
Responsibilities and tasks
The purpose of the Post Doc Fellowship is for the admitted candidate to do high quality research within business analytics and innovation.
The Inland School of Business and Social Sciences has a PhD program, Innovation in Services - Public and Private (INSEPP), with aims at contributing to the development of new knowledge in the realm of innovation in public and private sector. The faculty also currently develop a new M.Sc. program with major in Business Analytics. The successful candidate will participate in a growing research environment with state-of-the art knowledge on quantitative research within topics relevant for the above-mentioned PhD and M.Sc. programs. Supervising master and PhD students is also desirable.
Among potentially relevant topics we mention competence within information systems, data engineering, database architectures, and advanced data management. Experience with and comprehensive knowledge of predictive analytics and machine learning techniques and business optimization and simulation is an advantage. We also look for candidates with good skills within (real-time) visualization (e.g., dashboards) and automated decision support tools and methods. Experience with quantitative methods to assess performance and the effect on performance form changes in business operations; economic business theories for innovation and ways to analyze the various steps in innovation processes; analyze regional development trends in the private and public sector; and the use of big data and a range of new techniques for analyzing such data sets, will also be emphasized when evaluating candidates for the position.
The period of the position is normally three years from the time of admission. Depending on the faculty´s needs and the candidates desires and competence, the position may be transformed into a four years position with 25 % teaching duties.
- Head of Department, Per Søberg, Tel: +47 62 43 05 32, Mob: +47 414 42 159, email: [email protected]
- Professor Erik Haugom, Tel. +47 61 28 83 77, email: [email protected]
We are looking for a candidate that fulfil the following qualifications:
- PhD dissertation within one of the following areas:
- Business Analytics
- Information Technology/Data Engineering
- Business Administration
- Applied Statistics or Quantitative Methods
- Skills in quantitative methods in studies of business performance
- Know the state-of-the-art techniques within productivity and efficiency analysis
- Desirable with a broad knowledge within economics, e.g. health economics, tourism economics, natural resource economics
- Experience of collaboration with the industry
- Strong academic project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Expertise in relevant statistics program, such as Excel, Stata and R
The successful candidate must have command of English oral and written It is also an advantage to have command of Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language).
Personal skillsAbility to work independently and purposefully but also have a command of co-operation on research tasks and publishing.
For more information on the formal qualification requirements, see Regulations on terms and conditions of employment for the posts of Postdoctoral Fellow, Research Fellow, Research Assistant and resident.
Determination of which candidate is best qualified for the position is made after a comprehensive assessment of education, experience and personal compatibility and other qualification requirements as formulated in the vacancy text, as well as motivation for the position.
How to apply
Application and CV are to be registered electronically via "Apply for position"
The application must include:
- Application letter
- Project description and progress plan (4-5 pages) for the work to be undertaken, where academic relevance and different challenges
- and possibilities within the project is being outlined
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of educational certificates and letters of recommendation (if any)
- A complete list of publications
If you have any questions about uploading an attachment or other technical matters regarding the application, Jobbnorge customer service can be contacted. Contact information is provided as a link in the application form.
Relevant applications will be considered by an expert committee. Comprehensive CVs, certified copies of diplomas and certificates, publication lists and documents/works to be considered must be submitted as electronic attachments or links to the application.
Qualified applicants will be invited to an interview.
Requests for exemptions from the public applicant list must be clearly justified and stated via the electronic application form. Applicants will be contacted if INN University cannot comply with the request (cf. § 25 of the Freedom of Information Act).
The state workforce should, as far as possible, reflect the diversity of the population. It is therefore a personnel policy goal at INN University to achieve a balanced age and gender composition and to recruit people with an immigrant background. If necessary, the working conditions are adapted for persons with disabilities. If applicants declare in their CV that they have a disability, this information may be used for registration purposes in connection with the target employment numbers.
- An exciting and challenging job at a developing institution, dedicated colleagues and a supportive working environment
- The position’s salary follows position code 1352 Postdoktor in the state's wage regulations, determined according to competence and experience
For more information about INN University as an employer, please see here.