Ledig stilling ved NMBU
Associate professor in Physics
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
NMBU has a special responsibility for research and education that ensures the basis of life for future generations.
Sustainability is rooted in everything we do and we provide knowledge for life.
NMBU has 1700 employees and 5200 students and is organized in seven faculties. NMBU has a campus in Ås and in Oslo. In 2021 we are co-located on Ås. Further information on NMBU is available at www.nmbu.no.
About The Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology (REALTEK) develops research-based knowledge and educates civil engineers and lecturers needed to reach the UN's sustainability goals. We have approximately 150 employees, 70 PhD students and soon 1500 students. The education and research at REALTEK cover a broad spectrum of disciplines.
This includes data science, mechanics and process engineering, robotics, construction and architecture, industrial economics, environmental physics and renewable energy, geomatics, water and environmental engineering, applied mathematics as well as secondary school teacher education in natural sciences and use of natural resources such as in agriculture, forestry and aquaculture. The workplace is in Ås, 30 km from Oslo.
We seek a highly motivated researcher to contribute to and strengthen research and teaching in environmental physics and renewable energy.
About the position
The Faculty of Science and Technology has a vacant, full time and permanent Associate professor position in Physics.
We are seeking a candidate to complement and extend research activities conducted at the Faculty of Science and Technology within renewable energy/energy systems. We are looking for candidates interested in technologies for power conversion and in particular, storage of energy for future energy systems based on renewable energy carriers.
The successful candidate will be assigned to teach courses in physics at the undergraduate level and graduate courses in energy related topics in general.
The position will involve responsibility for courses in electrical engineering. Supervision of MSc candidates in the programme Environmental physics and renewable energy and PhD candidates within the applicant’s research field will constitute an important part of the position.
- Teaching basic physics courses at the undergraduate level
- Develop and teach graduate level physics courses including electrical engineering
- Scientific research within energy physics at an internationally respected level
- Supervision of MSc and PhD students
- Administration of academic activites
Qualification requirements, desired experiences, knowledge and personal qualities
Required Academic qualifications
- BSc and MSc or equivalent in Physics
- PhD in Physics or a closely related field. PhD degrees taken at non-Norwegian universities must be approved as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD degree.
- Documented educational competence using a “teaching portfolio” with a description of;
- Pedagogical qualifications, completed a programme of at least 200 hours and pedagogical experience
- Teaching-, pedagogical- and tutoring experience
- Basic teaching skills in planning, implementation, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision
- Those who do not meet the educational requirements for employment shall be required to meet them within two years of employment.
- Background and considerable experience in renewable energy technologies, energy systems, materials for energy conversion or environmental physics
- Data acquisition skills and experience with measurement techniques, experimental physics, electrical engineering or related subjects
- Data analysis skills
- Good record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
Desired academic qualifications:
- Experience in technologies for energy storage
- Administrative experience
The following language skills are required:
- Good oral and written English
- Fluency in a Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish) for teaching at the undergraduate level. Candidates not fluent in a Scandinavian language will be committed to become fluent within two years.
Required personal skills:
- Strong motivation for working with energy physics and renewable energy technology
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
- Motivation with regards to establishing and developing relevant research activities and to successfully attract research funding.
Personal qualities and suitability for the position will be given considerable weight.
A priority at NMBU is to increase the percentage of women in permanent academic positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Remuneration and further information
The position is placed in government pay scale position code 1011 Associate Professor, wage framework 24, salary grade 65-77 (NOK 583 900 - 741 300), depending on qualifications. Seniority Promotion in position.
For further information, please contact:
- Professor Espen Olsen, section head., E-mail: [email protected]; phone +47 67231566
For NMBU, a good working environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or whether you have been out of work for a period of time. If necessary, the workplace will be made available for persons with disabilities.
Pursuant to the Personal Data Act, we will hereby notify you that the report of the expert committee will be sent to all applicants.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button above. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Application deadline: 15.09.2020
Up to ten publications selected by the applicant as most relevant must be attached to the application. If it is difficult to identify the contribution of the applicant in multiple-author publications, a short explanation about the applicant’s part of the work is suggested.
Applicants must also enclose documentation of their educational competence, called an educational directory. See NMBU's guide for applicants and members of the expert committee for documentation and assessment of educational competence for a position as associate professor.
Printed material which cannot be sent electronically should be sent by surface mail to Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, within 15.09.2020. Please quote reference number 20/02370
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to present verified copies of diplomas and certificates.