Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Professor II / Associate Professor of Medicine (Dermatology)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 manlabour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
A permanent position as Senior Consultant (100%) in Dermatology is available at the unit of Dermatology, Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, in Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Oslo University Hospital. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Professor II/Associate Professor (SKO8013/SKO 1011) (20 % position) in Medicine (Dermatology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at the unit of Dermatology. Oslo University Hospital (OUH):
The main position is as senior consultant at the Unit of Dermatology. The Unit has twelve senior consultant positions and twelve resident positions, and consists of a large out-patient clinic and patient ward with 13 beds. Patients admitted to our unit present the whole range of skin diseases with emphasis on complex and severe disease presentations. We are the sole dermatology hospital in-patient unit in South-East Norway and receive patients from the whole region. The Unit collaborates with several other units, including Unit of Clinical Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Unit of Rheumatology and Department of plastic surgery.
The research activity is focused on inflammatory skin diseases and skin cancer. The holder of the position is expected to perform research activity related to these focus areas, based on a translational approach combining relevant clinical and experimental methodologies.
Short description of the position’s work tasks
- Participate in routine clinical activities, including service in both out-patient and in-patient units.
- Participate in the on-call duty.
- Specified clinical tasks allocated to the position will depend upon the position holder's clinical expertise within the department`s clinical responsibilities and needs.
- Supervise and teach residents and other members of the staff,
- Contribute to improve the management and quality of care within the department.
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment.
Qualification requirements – education and relevant personal qualities
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in Dermatology and venereology.
- The applicant must have general up-to-date clinical experience at hospital level within the field of Dermatology.
- In-depth clinical experience in relevant subdomains of Dermatology is requested.
- The applicant must have a substantial and relevant scientific background within the fields of skin inflammation and immunology or dermato-oncology.
- The applicant must have a strong motivation to contribute to the ongoing and future research activities based on the established research areas of skin inflammation and skin cancer.
- Comprehensive skills in clinical supervision, multiprofessional clinical work and clinical quality improvement.
- Documented language skills in Norwegian (or a compatible Scandinavian language) is required. Applicant must be able to inform and communicate with patients in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
- Patient management requires empathic communication skills at a high level towards patients and their families.
- Strong collaborative and social skills.
- Certificate of good conduct (if needed)
We can offer
- Good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a University Hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialties.
- Interesting and demanding clinical work
- Work in a dynamic, friendly and highly competent environment
- Large possibilities for integration between clinical work and research
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see here.
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as one PDF file (maximum 10MB).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills.
- For the Senior Consultant position: Jorunn Hagen Rønsen, Head of Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, OUH.E-mail: [email protected] Phone: 23 07 23 76.
- For the Professor II/Associate professor position: Linn Landrø, senior consultant and Associate professor, Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, OUH/Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo.E-mail: l [email protected] . Phone: 23 07 00 00.
- Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Senior Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Heidi Falch Ecklund, E-mail: [email protected], Phone: 22 85 92 27/90 73 03 48.
How to apply
A permanent position is available as Professor II/Associate Professor 20 % position of Medicine (Dermatology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, combined with a full-time Senior Consultant position at the unit of Dermatology at the Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, in Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Oslo University Hospital.
This combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital, please follow this link to se the full advertisment WebCruite Ref. no 4456303939.
Webcruiter ID: 4456303939