LEDIG STILLING VED UIT VETERINÆRINSTITUTTET
Research fellow - Section for Aquatic Biosecurity
Norwegian Veterinary Institute
The Norwegian Veterinary Institute is a research institute in the areas of animal health, fish health and food and feed safety, whose primary function is supply of research-based knowledge support to the authorities. NVI have a free and independent position in all academic questions. As the authorities' main advisor in topics related to prevention, handling and elimination of zoonosis and serious infectious diseases in fish and land animals, NVI performs an important task to the Norwegian society. NVI also assists in the prevention and management of crises caused by hazardous compounds and contaminants in feed and food. We provide services and advice to the industry, professionals and pet owners. The institute’s headquarters are located in Ås, but NVI is present throughout Norway with 5 regional laboratories in Sandnes, Bergen, Trondheim, Harstad and Tromsø.
The Norwegian Veterinary Institute, Section for Aquatic Biosecurity, has an exciting opportunity as research fellow with interest and experience from working internationally with farmed aquatic animal health management. The position is for a 3-year period, but may be extended. The right candidate will be joining our team of experts in epidemiology, biosecurity, diagnostics and applied health management.
Our projects are presently located in different African countries and Colombia and mainly funded through the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD). We collaborate with national/international scientific institutions and international organizations such as FAO and OIE. The working language in the group is English. Our head office is located 30 km from Oslo.
The right candidate will join the team, strengthen our field capacity, and take part in current and forthcoming projects specifically related to collaboration with and advanced support to governmental institutions and extension officers; to be a trainer of trainers.
- minimum master degree from a relevant discipline in aquatic animal health management
- documented experience from working with aquatic animal health management (5 years or more)
- be able to stay in project countries for periods
- experience from working in a multicultural environment, multi-national organizations
- ability to communicate in writing and orally in Spanish, Portuguese and/or French
- practical experience in farming tropical aquatic animal species
- intraoperative with excellent problem-solving abilities
- good communication and team-working skills, but also capacity to work independently and with high degree of flexibility
- strong motivation and commitment
- good presentation skills in English, both orally and in writing
- organized and systematic
The Norwegian Veterinary Institute offers
- an interesting position with exciting and varied tasks
- a work environment characterized by a high level of competence, professional challenges and diversity
- a flexible and inclusive workplace
- favorable agreements for loans and pension savings in the Government Pension Fund and for this contribution, 2% of salary is deducted
The position is paid in accordance with the Government's salary regulations. The position is placed in code 1108 or 1109 researcher in the range of NOK 600 000 - 660 000 pr year, depending on qualifications.
If you find the above of interest, we look forward to seeing your application. CV, diploma, certificates and other relevant documents must be uploaded electronically in WebCruiter.
For further information about the position, you are welcome to contact Kofitsyo Cudjoe or Saraya Tavornpanich.We point out that the CV is used for an extended list of applicants. If you want to be exempted from the public applicant list, this must be justified in the application. Information can be published even if you have requested not to be listed on the applicant list. You will be notified if the request for a reservation is not granted.
Webcruiter ID: 4410951850