LEDIG STILLING VED UNIVERSITETET I BERGEN
Researcher - Department of Clinical Science
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and seven centres at Faculty of Medicine.
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us - globally, nationally and locally - we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, a full-time 23 months position as researcher is available. The position is external financed as a part of the project “Alzheimer’s disease as a co-morbidity of chronic periodontitis with Porphyromonas gingivalis as a causative link between both diseases”.
About the project/work tasks:
- The project investigates the impact of the periodontal-disease related pathogen Porphyromonas gingivalis and its virulence factors on the development of Alzheimer disease.
- The focus of the projects is: Analysis of effects of P. gingivalis oral infection and its virulence factors on CNS function
The following premise forms the basis for the post as researcher:
- The researcher will be a member of the research group of which the topic/project belongs to
- The salary shall if possible be 100 % covered by external financing
- The researcher shall actively contribute to attract external funding to the research project, both for her/his own position and other positions, from the Research Council of Norway, EU and other sources
- The researcher is expected to have her/his research activity financed by the project of the researcher and the projects of the associated research group
- The Head of Department may allocate work for the Researcher related to specific research projects
- The researcher may participate in committee work and other administrative tasks within the University of Bergen
- The researcher has no teaching duties, but is expected to supervise master students and PhD candidates when this is a natural part of the research activity of the research group
- The researcher may apply for competence promotion according to the regulations for promotions
- The basis for the position ceases if no further project funding and new law on state officials etc. on dismissal and preferential rights will be applied to permanent employees
Qualification and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a relevant Norwegian PhD or equivalent doctoral degree
- The successful applicant must have previous experience in flow cytometry or CyTOF
- Experience in cell culture methods is required (experience with CNS cells is an additional advantage)
- Previous experience in the field of Alzheimer disease and/or microbiology is an advantage
- The applicant must be experienced in counseling, teaching, writing manuscripts and preferentially also grant applications
- Personal skills, including abilities to work independently and cooperate within a research group will be evaluated
- The candidate must be fluent in written and oral English
We can offer:
- A good and challenging work environment in research front of the bacterial flora influence on the burden of the civilization-related diseases
- Salary pay grade 64 NOK 583 500 (code 1109/salary scale 24.8), specialist pay grade 66 NOK 604 700 (code 1109/salary scale 24.10) gross p.a. for a fulltime position; following ordinary meriting regulations
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Gode velferdsordningar
Your application must include:
- A brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position, why you are applying and why this position is perfect for you
- An overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- Witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- Publications and academic work (max 10) and a list of these
- Your PhD thesis (in PDF)
- Two referees (name and contact information)
It is very important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety.
Further information about the position can be obtained from:
- Piotr Mydel, phone: +47 5558 5423 or e-mail: [email protected]
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principles of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions. Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named in the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met. For further information about the recruitment process, click here.