LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Research scientist in visualisation and accelerated computing
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Digital conducts research and innovation in the areas of information and communication Technology, technology-oriented social Sciences and Health research. Our multidisciplinary knowledge base is used across all industries and helps our customers exploit and meet the opportunities created by today's omnipresent digital transformation.
Are you excited about cutting-edge computation, real-time computer graphics, scientific visualisation, and the potential of augmented reality? Are you interested in working at the intersection of academic research and industrial application? Then come and join us in shaping the technology of the future!
We are the Visualisation and Accelerated Computing Group in SINTEF Digital's department for Mathematics and Cybernetics. The group was among the inaugural NVIDIA CUDA Research Centres and has more than fifteen years of experience in using GPUs for computation and visualisation. We work at the intersection of applied mathematics and computer science and perform research on real-time computer graphics, scientific visualisation, massively parallel computation on GPUs, and augmented and virtual reality.
Right now, we are searching for young or experienced researchers to strengthen our group.
You will have the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Perform high-quality research and software development to support our academic and industrial projects.
- Collaborate with our national and international partners and customers.
- Produce prototype applications and incorporate new methods into existing code bases.
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.
- Participate in writing proposals for project funding.
- Manage and execute research projects.
- Keep up to date with current trends within the department’s fields of interest.
For us it is important that you have:
- A Master or Ph.D. in mathematics, computer science, or physics, with a strong background within real-time 3D graphics, computational science, and/or augmented reality applications.
- A solid mathematical foundation.
- Experience with modern 3D-graphics development using OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX, or 3D game engines and/or experience with GPU computing using CUDA or OpenCL.
- Solid expertise in at least one object-oriented programming language.
- A “can-do” attitude towards solving problems and mastering new technologies.
- A passion for developing good and efficient software.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- An interest in generating new ideas and initiating new projects.
We offer you:
- To work in one of Europe's leading research institutions with a great significance for society.
- Exciting and challenging tasks in industrial as well as academic projects.
- The unique combination of research that is highly relevant for industry and society and the chance to develop and pursue your own research interests within the group's strategy.
- Access to a well-established national and international scientific and industrial network.
- Unique possibilities for personal and professional growth in an environment where more than 50 % of the researchers have a Ph.D.
- A social, creative, and multi-cultural work environment that values variety, initiative, and curiosity.
- A varied and flexible work routine which you can influence yourself to a large extent.
- Competitive salary and social benefits.
- Application letter
- CV summarizing education, positions and software development experience, as well as any academic track record
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- If applicable, links to source code developed by the candidate
Questions regarding the position:
- Jon Mikkelsen Hjelmervik (Research manager), +47 90 09 76 67, [email protected]