LEDIG STILLING VED UNIVERSITETET I BERGEN
Researcher in Interaction Design
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
There is a vacancy for a temporary Researcher position at the Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE), Faculty of Psychology, within Interaction Design related to several of our current research projects. The position is 50% from February – May 2023 and 100% from June – December 2023.
The Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE), located at the Faculty of Psychology, is a learning sciences research centre that carries out interdisciplinary research on the use of data and data analytic approaches (learning analytics) to understand learning, teaching, and creative knowledge processes across the full learning lifespan. We are a dynamic and including milieu of around 24 persons, including faculty, researchers, adjuncts, postdocs, PhDs candidates, and support staff. All employees are expected to contribute to the success of the Centre.
About the project/work tasks:
The person appointed will work in close collaboration with the project leaders for primarily the ILUKS, and DALI projects, and SLATE Communications, although work in other projects is possible if time permits. In ILUKS the work will be primarily involve Interaction design for the ILUKS planner tool, in DALI for the DALI repository and website, and for SLATE communication database. The workplace is in Bergen, Norway.
The successful candidate will:
- work to help SLATE meet its broad national mandate through collaboration on the projects and initiatives
- participate in interaction design in the ILUKS planner, the web-page design, user-guidelines, and participate in a publication on user experiences
- participate in interaction design in the DALI games and the DALI website
- participate in interaction design for SLATE communications, including the SLATE database
- contributes to the Centre ́s dissemination, information work, and community contact
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Excellent Masters in Interaction Design / User Experience design for learning applications
- Research experience in interaction design / user experience
- Demonstrated research track record with peer-reviewed publications in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences
- Ability to work independently, strong personal commitment, teamwork & cooperation skills, administrative skills, creativity, determination
- Proficiency in written and oral English is required
- Last but not least, enthusiasm about, high commitment for, and enjoyment in research
We can offer:
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- Annual salary of NOK 517 600 - 563 500 in a 100 % position before taxes in the state salary scale (position code 1108). This is equivalent to pay grade 56 - 61. A higher salary may be considered for a particularly well qualified applicant.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief account (in English) of your research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- Transcripts and diplomas showing completion of a master’s degree
- Relevant attests/certificates confirming previous jobs (in Scandinavian or English)
- A full list of academic publications
- The names and contact information for two reference persons
We invite your attention to the fact that applications along with appended information and attachments linked to the application in JobbNorge will be evaluated after the closing date for applications. Attachments must be in English or a Scandinavian language and any translations must be certified.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all information is submitted by the application deadline.
It is particularly important that each of the attachments that are to be taken into account in the assessment is uploaded in full as an attachment to the application.
Further information about the position can be obtained from:
- ILUKS project leader Dr. Kristin Børte email: [email protected] Tel: +47 911 97 219
- SLATE Director, Professor Barbara Wasson email: [email protected] Tel: + 47 911 41 297 or
- Practical questions regarding the application procedures should be directed to: Head of Administration Jorunn Viken, email: [email protected], Tel: +47 901 31 832
The state workforce shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
For further information about the recruitment process, click here.