Institutt for energiteknikk har en ledig spennende stilling!
Researcher Energy System Analysis - Material and Process Technology
Institute for Energy Technology
Research for a better future.
IFE is an independent research foundation based in Norway at Kjeller and in Halden. We are in the forefront internationally in several fields within digital technologies, material and process technology, flow and analysis technologies, radiopharmaceutical technology and nuclear technology. IFE develops new solutions for the industry and public sector in over 30 countries. IFE is host to the international OECD Halden Project. We are about 600 employees and the annual turnover is about NOK 1 billion. Read more about IFE at www.ife.no/en
Sector Material and Process Technology.
Sector Material and Process Technology performs research within renewable energy systems, solar energy, batteries and hydrogen as the future’s energy carriers, energy materials and nanotechnology, advanced material characterization by use of neutrons, material processing, as well as within environmentally friendly industrial processes.
IFE hosts two of Norway’s eight Centres for Environment-friendly Energy Research (FME), the FME Research Centre for Sustainable Solar Cell Technology (SuSolTech), and the FME Mobility Zero Emission Energy Systems (MoZEES), covering battery and hydrogen research.
IFE’s department for Renewable Energy Systems is continuing to grow and is now looking for a new researcher within the energy system analysis group. The research group uses models that include energy production, energy distribution, and technologies for energy demand. The purpose of the work is to develop and analyze energy scenarios, develop strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, analyze the composition of energy carriers and analyze possible future technology choices and energy efficiency solutions. We focus on the effect of technology learning, new technologies, behavior aspects, flexibility solutions, new energy carriers, energy storage, sector coupling and political measures. The research group develop and use several types of mathematical models to increase the knowledge base related to the future energy system. We focus both on cost-efficient design and operation of local energy systems, as well as overall analyses with a societal perspective, covering the connection between different energy sectors. Our energy system models are developed in close collaboration with national authorities, industry and technology experts within research and academia. The TIMES modelling framework plays a central part of our activities.
- Modelling of energy and power systems at local, national and regional level, including the use of different models and tools
- Publication of research papers
- Communication and presentation of research results
- Project management
- Contribute to generation of new projects
The position involves modelling of the future energy and power system at local, national and regional level, and includes the use of different models and tools. Experience with the TIMES modelling framework is an advantage.
We are looking for a candidate with background/experience within some of the following fields:
- Energy/power systems
- Social economics or industrial economics
- Programming skills
- Modelling experience (e.g. TIMES)
- Relevant work experience
- Ability to work interdisciplinary
- Self-driven with initiative
- Systematic and quality conscious
- Ability and interest to work with models
- Excellent collaborative and communicative skills
- Willingness to live and work in Norway and to learn the Norwegian Language
- Work in an industrial relevant and research-intensive environment with focus in innovation
- An informal, positive working environment with friendly and knowledgeable colleagues
- Salary according to agreement
- Social benefits including pension, life insurance and accident insurance
- The possibility to contribute to the low emission society
- Interesting and challenging assingments
- National and international collaboration
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
Webcruiter ID: 4318615278