LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Senior Research Scientist / Site Manager - SINTEF Ocean
SINTEF er et av Europas største forskningsinstitutt, med flerfaglig spisskompetanse innenfor teknologi, naturvitenskap og samfunnsvitenskap. SINTEF er en uavhengig stiftelse som siden 1950 har skapt innovasjon gjennom utviklings- og forskningsoppdrag for næringsliv og offentlig sektor i inn- og utland. SINTEF har 2100 medarbeidere fra 80 nasjoner og en årlig omsetning på over tre milliarder kroner.
Vår visjon: Teknologi for et bedre samfunn
Les mer om SINTEF her.
SINTEF Ocean er et av seks institutt som utgjør SINTEF. Vi jobber med forskning og innovasjon knyttet til havrommet for nasjonal og internasjonal industri. Vår ambisjon er å videreføre Norges ledende posisjon innenfor marinteknisk og biomarin forskning. Sammen med næringsliv og myndigheter utvikler vi fremtidsrettede løsninger for bærekraftig utnyttelse av havet. Vårt hovedkontor er i Trondheim, og vi har avdelinger i Tromsø, Hirtshals, Oslo, Ålesund og Bergen.
SINTEF Ocean operates one of the world's largest flume tanks in Hirtshals, Denmark. The combination of current and waves is used primarily to offer services to the fisheries and aquaculture sectors. It also offers services to emerging ocean industries and technologies, as well as other traditional industries such as oil and gas and maritime technology. Our core activities comprise research projects, commercial trials of fishing gear, and the testing of technologies for application in the aquaculture sector. The test tank facility is relevant for services in marine sectors, including the testing of subsea platforms and pipelines for the offshore oil and gas industry, as well as trials of ROVs used for inspection and monitoring purposes.
Do you want to lead and develop our flume tank operations in Hirtshals? We are looking for a
Senior Research Scientist/Site Manager
We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist with:
- Knowledge of the fisheries and aquaculture industries, and the relevant supply sector.
- Knowledge of how hydrodynamic laboratories may be used to drive development of marine industries
- Experience in management of research projects and publication of results
- An ability to recognise business opportunities and initiate projects in collaboration with the industry and researchers.
- A Master's degree (minimum qualification) and preferably a PhD in relevant. specialist fields such as hydrodynamics, physics and mathematics
- Teamwork skills and management experience
- Practical and analytical skills, and good written language proficiencies in both English and Danish/ Norwegian.
In your role as Site Manager, you will be SINTEF Ocean’s representative in Hirtshals, and will have overall responsibility for the tank operations, and ensuring that our clients receive results with high quality which in turn will improve their businesses. You will be a point of contact for the clients, promote the advanced development of the test tank in the market and drive the culture giving a working environment which is open, including and generous. The position is incorporated in SINTEF Ocean's Aquaculture Department, in the research group Aquaculture Structures and Safety. The department is located in Trondheim, Norway.
SINTEF Ocean offer:
- Good opportunities for personal development and career advancement.
- Challenging work assignments in industries offering major opportunities.
- A vibrant and inspirational multidisciplinary research community that plays a leading role both in Denmark/ Norway and on the international stage in several fields.
- Competitive salary conditions and compensation package
- Flexible working hours.
Your work location will be in Hirtshals. Currently there are 5 persons working at SINTEF flumetank, which is located in the Nordsøen Forskerpark.
You will report to the Research Manager for the research group Aquaculture Structures and Safety, and you will also work closely with the Research Director at the Aquaculture Department.
Please send us a brief application, with your CV and transcripts of your qualifications, no later than 29th January 2023.
Spørsmål om stillingen