LEDIG STILLING VED SIMULA
Research Engineers in Scientific Computing
Call for Research Engineers in Scientific Computing
The Scientific Computing (SC) section at Simula Research Laboratory are soliciting applications for three Research Engineers that will assist in execution of ongoing research activities as well as lead short term external projects. All three positions are full time and permanent. The Research Engineer position allows the flexibility to pursue academic research interests as well as helping out with exciting research projects in the industry. The time spent between these two tasks will be approximately 50-50 distributed, but with flexibility depending on the candidates motivation and expertise. The involved departments (Dept. Computational Physiology and Dept. Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing) perform cutting edge research in the fields of physiological modeling, advanced numerical techniques and mathematical analysis. Biomedical models that are involved are both physics-based (governed by partial differential equations) and data driven (AI/ML or hybrid PDE/ML models).
We are looking for candidates that has the flexibility to participate in ongoing projects and aid in most of the following activities:
- Open Source Software Development/improvement
- Software Quality Control
- Big Data Analysis
- Simulations of Biological Systems
- Data Visualization
Additionally, the candidate will have the opportunity to perform exciting contract research work with external companies that harness Simula’s expertise.
- Masters or PhD in applied mathematics, computer science, or related relevant fields
- Software Development experience
- Data Science/Machine Learning experience desired but not necessary
- Consulting experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English.
- Excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers and engineers.
- An informal and inclusive international working environment.
- High-standard facilities and offices located in downtown Oslo.
- A competitive salary starting at 580 000 - 620 000,- /year
- Numerous benefits: access to company cabins, BabyBonus arrangements, sponsored social events, generous equipment budgets (e.g., computer, phone and subscription), subsidized canteen meals and monthly bus pass, comprehensive travel/health insurance policy, etc.
- Relocation assistance: accommodation, visas, complimentary Norwegian language courses, etc.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage them to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
Simula is an equal opportunity employer, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript
- Contact Information for 3 References
The cover letter should explain the candidate's motivation and fit, in particular for the Research Engineer position.
Application Deadline: February 1st.
However, applications will be continuously evaluated and excellent candidates may be hired on a rolling basis.
The starting date is flexible, but expected between January 1st and August 1st.
Inquiries about the positions can be made by email to Vegard Vinje ([email protected])
Simula Research Laboratory uses Semac´s background check in our recruitment process.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.