Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Secretary - L'Istituto di Norvegia in Roma
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Norwegian Institute in Rome is a university centre that conducts and hosts research, training and outreach in relation to archaeology, art history and cultural history in Italy and the Mediterranean region. This includes studies of antiquity and its broader impact on European culture, religion, language, literature and society. The Institute is owned by the University of Oslo, and is a bridgehead in Italy for relevant academics from Norway and assists visiting researchers and students, especially within the humanities, from all the Norwegian universities.
About the position
A permanent 50 % position as Secretary SKO 1070 is available at the Norwegian Institute in Rome.
The Norwegian institute in Rome employs seven people and accomodates researchers and students working and studying temporarily in Rome. The Institute hosts international conferences and workshops and arranges weekly lectures by visiting scholars throughout the year. The successful candidate is expected to take an active part in planning and implementing activities and to collaborate with colleagues and visitors to maintain an accommodating and friendly work environment.
The position includes routine office support functions, operational tasks, purchases and errands in the nearby area, facilitating teaching and research at the department. Other tasks can be added to the position.
The position requires permanent residence in Rome.
- support the day-to-day operation of the department: check and prepare premises for use
- prepare coffee and arrange for refreshments (meetings, conferences, other events)
- follow-up of maintenance companies and municipal waste management
- follow-up of cleaning and gardening companies
- make orders locally in Rome (catering, equipment, supplies, etc.)
- purchases in the local area, dispatching of packages and mail
- other tasks as required
The successful candidate should have:
- a good general education, with minimum upper secondary school/vocational certificate. Other relevant competence may replace the requirement for formal education
- experience from similar work in educational institutions and with facilitation for groups
- good knowledge of services and institutions in Rome in general, and the Institute's immediate area in particular
- good sense of order
- fluent oral and written communication in Italian and basic English. Knowledge of Norwegian is not required but can be an advantage
- personal suitability and motivation for the position
- flexible and service-minded, with good interpersonal skills
- well organized with an eye for details and ability to find practical solutions to ad-hoc challenges
- a team-player who actively contributes to a good working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, free participation in excursions arranged by the Institute
- salary from NOK 383 200 per annum (in a 100% position) depending on qualifications
How to apply
The application must include:
- cover letter
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
Inclusion and diversity are a strength. The University of Oslo has a personnel policy objective of achieving a balanced gender composition.
Furthermore, we want employees with diverse professional expertise, life experience and perspectives.
- Administrative Manager Anne Nicolaysen