Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in ecotoxicology / marine ecology
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
Department of Biosciences (IBV) is one of nine departments at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
Research in the department is organised in five sections covering topics within biochemistry, molecular biology, physiology, cell biology, genetics, aquatic biology, toxicology, ecology, and evolutionary biology.
Education across these topics is offered for around 380 bachelor, 170 master, and 75 PhD students. With 52 permanent professors/associate professors, post-docs, researchers, technical, and administrative personnel, the Department has a total staff of 340 from more than 30 different countries. The Department aims to maintain high international standards within both research and teaching. The new bachelor program in bioscience is the first of its kind to include programming and computational modelling as core elements.
Position as Postdoctoral Fellow available at the Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo.
The employment period is 2 years. Starting date as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will work at the University of Oslo, in close collaboration with partners from other European institutions in the EU JPI-Oceans project RESPONSE, “Toward a risk-based assessment of microplastic pollution in marine ecosystems”. The RESPONSE consortium includes 14 partners from 12 European countries, including several of the most experienced European groups in microplastics research. UiO will contribute to a range of activities in the project, including field sampling in the Skagerrak and Oslofjord, marine benthic mesocosm studies, digestive juice desorption studies, effect studies and finally, risk calculation and evaluation.
The successful candidate will work at the Department of Biosciences, UiO, in close collaboration with partners in RESPONSE. There will be particularly close links with Portuguese partners and the successful candidate will participate in experimental studies in Porto and Faro. We seek a highly motivated, enthusiastic person with the ambition to progress in science and publish papers in leading international journals.
The main purpose of a postdoctoral fellowship is to provide the candidates with enhanced skills to pursue a scientific top position within or beyond academia. To promote a strategic career path, all postdoctoral research fellows are required to submit a professional development plan no later than one month after commencement of the postdoctoral period.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition is to be among Europe’s leading communities for research, education and innovation. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in ecotoxicology or marine ecology. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- The candidate should have knowledge of particles in marine ecosystems and experience in experimental studies with marine organisms, preferably sediment-dwelling.
- Experience with effect analyses and risk evaluation is an advantage.
- A good command of English is required.
- Salary NOK 523 200 – 605 500 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement
- Professionally stimulating working environment
- Vibrant international academic environment
- Postdoctoral development programmes
- Oslo’s family-friendly surroundings with their rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include:
- Application letter
- Project description
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented academic qualifications as well as the candidates motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo.
No one can be appointed for more than one Postdoctoral Fellow period at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
For further information please contact:
- Professor Ketil Hylland, phone: +47 41451694, e-mail: [email protected]
For questions regarding the recruitment system please contact: HR adviser Nina Holtan; phone: +47 22854424; e-mail: [email protected]