Ledig stilling ved Simula
Two PhD students in Quantum Software Engineering
Simula Research Laboratory (https://www.simula.no/) is seeking two three-year fulltime paid PhD researcher positions in the field of Quantum software engineering with a particular focus on testing Quantum programs.
The appointments start in August of 2020 ; however, can also start earlier, if the candidates are available. The review of candidates will be performed continuously until the positions have been filled.
Simula Research Laboratory AS
Simula Research Laboratory AS is a publicly owned research institute located at Fornebu outside of Oslo, Norway. Simula has a multi-cultural organization, employing about 150 individuals from 29 countries. Simula conducts Information and Communication Technology (ICT) research in the fields of communication technology, scientific computing and software engineering. Simula's main objective is to generate new understanding and create vital knowledge about fundamental scientific challenges that are of genuine value for society. This is achieved through high quality research, education of graduate students, industry collaboration, technology transfer, and commercialization. Since 2001, scientific evaluations conducted by the Research Council of Norway has repeatedly placed Simula at the forefront of international research in ICT. The most recent in-depth evaluation was recently published, grading all research groups at Simula as excellent.
The position is funded by the Research Council of Norway under the IKTPLUSS Qu-Test project.
The ambition of Qu-Test is to develop radically new methods for automated and systematic testing of quantum programs, based on a rigorous theoretical foundation with the ultimate goal of supporting future ubiquitous services and data related to QC applications to guarantee their dependability. To allow for testing complex quantum programs with a minimal amount of QC resources, the project will also propose novel quantum optimization algorithms.
We consider interested candidates who have a MS degree in software engineering with top grades and extremely good programming skills. The candidate will also have to demonstrate an excellent level of spoken and written English, possess good interpersonal and communication skills and show willingness to work as part of an international team.
- Excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international collaborators;
- Generous support for travels and equipment;
- Excellent facilities located by the Oslo fjord and 10 minutes’ drive from the center of Oslo, the capital of Norway;
- Competitive salary. Salary range from NOK 449.400 to NOK 497.000
Simula is an equal opportunity employer, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- A cover letter explaining the candidate’s background, qualifications, research interests and how/why the candidate is qualified for the position;
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions and academic or industrial work, scientific publications, and software development experience);
- Academic transcripts including a copy of Master thesis.
- Contact information of two references, including the Master supervisor(s).
Application deadline: June 30, 2020.
Applications must be submitted via the online submission system.
Further enquiries should be addressed to:
Simula Research Laboratory uses Semac´s background check in our recruitment process.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.