Ledig stilling ved NIVA
Research assistant - Vann og samfunn
Norwegian Institute for Water Research
The Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA) is Norway's leading research institute for the aquatic environment, working across a wide range of environmental, climate and resource issues. Our high quality research is characterised by its relevance, and its holistic and interdisciplinary approach, combining research with monitoring, assessment, problem solving and consulting. The NIVA group has approximately 400 employees and is headquartered in Oslo, with branches in Bergen, Grimstad, Hamar and Copenhagen, together with a marine research station in Drøbak, and subsidiaries in Tromsø, Chile and China.
The Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA) is recruiting a research assistant with a strong profile within qualitative social sciences. The position is in NIVA’s section for Water and Society consisting of about 15 researchers with backgrounds in social, economic and natural sciences, where central research themes are climate change and adaptation, freshwater including urban waters management, marine governance, environmental and bioeconomics, ecosystems services assessment; private and public sector innovation, and participatory processes for stakeholder involvement. We work nationally and internationally, from local to global scales and note an increasing interest in our competencies on all levels. In addition to typical research projects we also conduct knowledge projects supporting capacity building, business development and innovation development for the public and private sectors.
- Assist in research across projects and producing original research in close collaboration with the existing core members of projects in Asia and Norway
- Assist in workshops, other meetings and project administration
- Maintain project websites and contribute to other communication material
Qualifications and experience
- MSc degree within the field of Social sciences in one or more of the following disciplines: development studies, geography, sociology, political science, natural resource management or environmental studies'
- Experience or strong interest in environmental and/or international development issues, specifically related to plastic and waste management
- Demonstrated skills in qualitative research methods, such as literature reviews, policy analysis or action research
- Excellent written and spoken English are required. Scandinavian language skills are advantageous
The right candidate will be expected to do some travel to Asia.
We are seeking a social, systematic and independent person who likes to work in a dynamic working environment. The ability to inspire and communicate well with international colleagues, partners, customers and users will be emphasized. You must like to work across a range of disciplines, be open to new ideas and other perspectives. Flexibility, tolerance and positive attitude, dedication and perseverance are crucial abilities, as is the ability to handle challenging tasks.
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in a leading national water science research institute with great social significance
- To be part of a network of national and international researchers
- An opportunity for professional and personal development
- A multicultural, social and creative work environment
- Good pension, welfare and insurance schemes, and competitive wages
Webcruiter ID: 4239946550
- Sindre Langaas (Research manager), +47 982 27 747