LEDIG STILLING VED UNIVERSITETET I BERGEN
Research assistant at MediaFutures
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are seven departments and three centres at Faculty of Social Sciences. Read more about the faculty and departments.
UiB - Kunnskap som formar samfunnet
Gjennom eit sterkt og tett samspel med omverda - globalt, nasjonalt og lokalt - skal vi medverke til eit samfunn bygd på kunnskap, ferdigheiter og haldningar.
Vil du vere med å forme framtida?
Research assistant at MediaFutures
There is a vacancy for a Research Assistant at MediaFutures: Research Centre for Responsible Media Technology & Innovation, the Department of Information Science and Media Studies, University of Bergen. The position is for a fixed-term period of one year.
Research assistant is a recruitment position where the main task is to be a supporting entity to the academic staff in their instructional and research endeavors. The position will provide the opportunity to gain insight into scientific work and methodology. Total employment cannot exceed two years.
MediaFutures is a new centre for research-based innovation at the Department for information science and media studies, University of Bergen, and will be located at Media City Bergen. The centre is a part of the Norwegian Research Council’s Research-based Innovation scheme. MediaFutures will in cooperation with industry partners from news media and media technology research topics like media experiences, recommender technology, content production and analysis, content interaction and availability, and Norwegian language technology. The goal is to develop responsible technological solutions to societal challenges like AI, fake news, echo chambers and political polarization. The results will be new digital tools, analytical methods and content types for the future of media. The centre will also perform research training within media technology and innovation. This will create outputs such as new patents, prototypes, research articles and software, as well and innovative start-up companies.
Read more about the centre at www.mediafutures.no
The Research Assistant will support the Centre Director in scientific tasks. Work tasks include:
- Contribute to research and innovation projects and proposals where the director of MediaFutures is involved in, e.g., via data collection, scientific writing
- Help the centre director with the organisation of events, e.g., seminars, interviews, etc.
- Support with communication tasks, e.g., update of website(s), social media channels, newsletters, etc.
- Other tasks on demand.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a master/bachelor’s degree in media studies, information science or relevant disciplines.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English and Norwegian.
- Good administrative IT-competence.
- Knowledge of the media and/or technology industry is a benefit.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- A fulltime position, alternatively two positions of 50% each.
- Salary at pay grade 35 – 42 upon appointment (Code 17.515/1019) on the government salary scale. Persons with a master’s degree will receive pay grade 51 (code 17.515/1020).
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Training and good welfare benefits
- Primary workplace is Media City Bergen.
- Good welfare benefits
Søknaden skal innehalde:
- Application with CV
- Copies of diplomas
- Certificates of education and other relevant documents
Additional information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
- Centre Director Christoph Trattner, [email protected], or
- Head of Administration Ellen Ingeborg Hætta, [email protected]
Practical questions about the application process should be directed to HR Adviser, Bodil Hægland, [email protected]
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. Age and gender balance among employees is therefore a goal. It is also a goal to recruit people with immigrant backgrounds. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at all times.
Universitetet i Bergen nyttar meirinnsyn ved tilsetjing i vitskaplege stillingar.
Opplysningar om søkjaren kan bli gjort offentlege sjølv om søkjaren har oppmoda om ikkje å bli ført på søkjarlista. Dersom oppmodinga ikkje blir teke til følgje, skal søkjaren varslast om dette.
Nærare om tilsettingsprosessen her.