LEDIG STILLING PÅ UNIVERSITETET I SØRØST-NORGE
PhD Research Fellow in Management “Motivation”
University of South-Eastern Norway
University of South-Eastern Norway has about 18 000 students and about 1900 employees. The university is organized in four faculties, with instruction and R&D activities on eight campuses. The main profile of the university is to provide socially relevant education, geared towards specific professions, and adapted to the requirements of the workplace, as well as to produce applied research and development.
The USN Scool of business have a vacancy for a position as PhD Research Fellow in Management “Motivation”
About the position
USN School of Business has a vacancy for a 100% position as PhD Research Fellow in Management from 01.09.2022
The position is located at the Department of Business, Marketing and Law. The place of employment is campus Ringerike and the immediate superior is the Department Head of department.
The appointment is for a term of four years with 25% workload consisting of teaching obligations and/or administrative tasks. It is a premise for employment that the PhD Research Fellow is enrolled in USN’s PhD-program in Management within three months of accession in the position.
About the PhD-project
The PhD-position is placed within the research group Organizing and Leadership at USN School of Business. Among other topics, the group holds an extensive research portfolio on the topics of work motivation, occupational health and employee well-being.
The PhD student will take an active role in an extension of the project “MOTIVATION” funded by the Research Council of Norway. The PhD project will focus on the topic of compensation in relation to employee motivation, performance, and work-related health.
The candidate recruited for this position will work with an international team of researchers in designing and implementing studies to investigate this topic.
It is expected that the PhD-candidate will contribute to a positive culture of cooperation between the partner organizations and provide the project with analysis of motivational process underlying occupational health outcomes.
The applicant must be familiar with theoretical perspectives within organizational psychology, and/or management, and relevant methods.
- Applicants must hold a Master of Science (120 ECTS) in marketing, business, management, or equivalent with documented command of research methodology with average grade B or higher.
- The degree must be accomplished before the commencement date.
- Highly qualified candidates with other educational backgrounds may be considered. Candidates with other backgrounds must at a minimum have a master level course in research methods and a master level course in their main field of study.
- Applicants with MSc degrees from institutions outside Europe must document GMAT results of a minimum of 600 points (or GRE equivalent).
- Candidates must have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently and at the same time have the motivation to share knowledge and take part in team work. Research and project work experience and publication record are desirable.
- Personal suitability for the post will be emphasised.
- Co-operation between staff members is an integral part of the working environment at the University of South-Eastern Norway. The candidate must be motivated and demonstrate a proven ability to work effectively within a team and in a collegiate manner to formulate and realise common objectives.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant.
- A stimulating and growing research environment, with good opportunities to develop your career and your academic skills
- A good social environment
- Attractive welfare benefits in the State Pension Plan
- Opportunity for physical activities within working hours
PhD Research Fellow (code 1017): NOK 491 200 a year. Further promotion will be based on time served in the position.
A statutory contribution to the state pension plan will be deducted from the employee’s salary.
- The Academic Appointments Board for PhD Research Fellowships is responsible for the appointment. An expert assessment of applicants will be carried out. The candidates deemed best qualified will be invited to an interview.
- The successful candidate is obliged to participate in all common activities relating to the PhD education such as course work, seminars, and other events. These activities take place in campus Drammen and candidates located on other campuses must commute there to participate.
- The person appointed must comply with the laws, regulations and agreements that apply at any given time to the post. Please note that approved work permit is a prerequisite for the employment.
- According to USN human resources policy, it is our aim that our employees, to the fullest extent possible, shall reflect the diversity of the general population. The University of South-Eastern Norway targets a balanced gender composition and aims to recruit persons with a background as an immigrant.
- The University contributes to the Inkluderingsdugnaden (a voluntary scheme to promote inclusion), and we encourage qualified applicants with disabilities to apply for the post. The University will facilitate the workplace for employees with disabilities.
- Pursuant to section 25, 2nd paragraph of the Freedom of Information Act, information on the applicant may be disclosed even if the applicant has requested not be included on the list of applicants. Applicants will be notified if such requests are not allowed.
- The research area for the position can include technologies referred to in the Ministry's export control regulations, in that case the candidate must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
For more information about the position:
- Project manager: Professor Anja H. Olafsen, + 47 31 00 96 30, [email protected]
- Head of department: Bjørn Ove Grønseth, +47 31 00 87 47, [email protected]
For questions regarding the recruitment process:
- HR-advicer Kari Ann Sommerset [email protected]
How to apply
Applicants to the post must register their application and CV with enclosures online via the Jobbnorge recruitment portal by clicking on the link on the right-hand side – “Søk stillingen” (Apply for the post).
The following documents shall be attached to the online application:
- Transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor (180 ECTS) and Master Degrees (120 ECTS)
- Master thesis. Applicants that have not completed their thesis at the application date must submit an abstract of the planned thesis work, a date for when the thesis is expected to be approved, and a signed confirmation from the supervisor that the thesis work is in progress and that it is expected to be submitted on time.
- Other relevant certificates (if applicable, must be specified)
- A maximum 5 page project description related to the topic described for the position
- A 1 page motivation letter
- Any scientific publications and a list of these
- Contact information to three references
If applicable, the following documents shall be submitted no later than one week before interview can take place:
- Valid documentation of English proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Valid documentation of GMAT or GRE scores
Please note that all documents must be in a Scandinavian language or in English. Any translations must be certified.
NB: The application will be assessed on the basis of the attached documentation as requested above. Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the required documentation has been uploaded with the application deadline.
The University has been awarded a Charter & Code certificate by the European Commission, and is entitled to use the HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) logo. The University is also a member of the EURAXESS network, which contributes to good working conditions for mobile researchers.