LEDIG STILLING PÅ UNIVERSITETET I SØRØST-NORGE
PhD Research fellow in innovation and entrepreneurship
University of South-Eastern Norway
University of South-Eastern Norway has about 18 000 students and about 1900 employees. The university is organized in four faculties, with instruction and R&D activities on eight campuses. The main profile of the university is to provide socially relevant education, geared towards specific professions, and adapted to the requirements of the workplace, as well as to produce applied research and development.
USN School of Business offers undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of disciplines, as well as a PhD programme in Marketing Management. In addition, we have several one year study programmes and postgraduate programmes.
The USN School of Business have a vacancy for a position as PhD Research fellow in innovation and entrepreneurship
About the position
The USN School of Business has a vacancy of one full time PhD Research Fellow in Innovation and entrepreneurship. The successful candidate must qualify for enrolment in the PhD-program in Marketing Management. The School of Business is currently in the process of developing a broad PhD program in Management. PhD students in Marketing Management will be part of this program when it starts. For more information about the PhD-program in Marketing Management, please see here. The position is a four-year fixed-term appointment and commencement is from August 2021.
Duties will be divided as follows: 75 % to PhD education and 25 % to other duties, including teaching or other projects at the USN School of Business.
The position is assigned to the Department of Business, history and social science. The place of employment is centerally located at Campus Vestfold (Horten), 80 km south-west of Oslo.
About the PhD-project
The PhD position will involve conducting research on business model innovation within different industrial Business-to-Business context (B2B) that are driven by digital transformation and autonomy solutions. The core idea is the need to innovate at the level of the entire industrial ecosystem through introduction and development of innovative business models. In this study, we will be closely collaborating with industrial partners, such as SAMS Norway, that want to take a global leading role in offering reliable and sustainable future mobility systems. However, this ambitious goal is challenging due to immaturity of business models and the technology for applying digital and autonomous mobility solutions. This requires developing the innovation capabilities for commercialize sustainable digital business models with national and international ecosystem actors. A key focus is how firms can align interests and incentives across ecosystem actors to jointly agree on value creation, value delivery and value capturing arrangements.
Applicants must write a 4-5 pages long research proposal to accompany the application. During the first year of studies, the proposal will be further developed in collaboration with supervisors.
- Applicants must hold a Master of Science degree in marketing, business, entrepreneurship, management, or equivalent. Students currently enrolled in a master's program are also welcome to apply but must have earned their degree prior to being appointed.
- Applicants must have achieved grade B or above to qualify for enrollment in the PhD-programme.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language will be an advantage
- Applicants must have the ability to cooperate with fellow students and faculty members and to work independently on academic topics
- Personal suitability for the post will be emphasized.
- Close supervision by faculty during the period.
- Access to arenas where you get the chance to meet internationally recognized marketing professors
- Become involved in research projects involving leading Norwegian and global companies and research partners
- A professionally stimulating work environment
- A good social environment
- Relevant job duties (25%) to polish teaching and project skills to qualify for attractive jobs at academic and non-academic organizations
- A stimulating and growing research environment, with good opportunities to develop your career and your academic skills
- Attractive welfare benefits in the State Pension Plan
PhD Research Fellow (code 1017): NOK 482 200 a year. Further promotion will be based on time served in the position.
In special cases, employment in code 1378 may be considered.
A statutory contribution to the state pension plan will be deducted from the employee’s salary.
The Academic Appointments Board is responsible for appointments to academic positions at University College of Southeast Norway. An expert assessment of applicants will be carried out. Short-listed candidates will be called in for interviews and must be prepared to present and discuss their projects.
The person appointed must comply with the laws, regulations and agreements that apply at any given time to the post.
According to its human resources policy, the University of South-Eastern Norway targets a balanced gender composition and aims to recruit persons with a background as an immigrant.
The University contributes to the Inkluderingsdugnaden (a voluntary scheme to promote inclusion), and it is our aim that our employees, to the fullest extent possible, shall reflect the diversity of the general population. We therefore also encourage qualified applicants with disabilities to apply for the post. The University will facilitate the workplace for employees with disabilities.
Pursuant to section 25, 2nd paragraph of the Freedom of Information Act, information on the applicant may be disclosed even if the applicant has requested not be included on the list of applicants. Applicants will be notified if such requests are not allowed.
For more information about the position:
- Associate Professor Thomas Brekke, phone +47 97 55 00 27
- Professor Vinit Parida, phone +46 73 543 50 74
- Head of the department Annett Arntzen, phone +47 31 00 90 51
For questions regarding the recruitment process:
- HR-adviser Kari Ann Sommerset, phone +47 35 95 25 99 [email protected]
How to apply
The University of South-Eastern Norway makes use of online application management. Applicants to the post must register their application and CV with enclosures online via the Jobbnorge recruitment portal by clicking on the link on the right-hand side – “Søk stillingen” (Apply for the post).
Applications must include the following documents to the online application:
- An application letter, including personal suitability and motivation for the position (motivation letter, one page).
- Curriculum vitae (with full information about education, grades, prior positions, teaching experience, research and administrative experience, and a list of publications and conference presentations, if applicable).
- A research proposal for the PhD project (4-5 pages).
- The tentative proposal must include the topic for the planned PhD research, a research problem, positioning/contribution, relevant theory, research method, and a time schedule.
- In addition, applicants must upload the following documents:
- a) certified diplomas and certificates from university college/university
- b) two letters of recommendation
- c) master's thesis (if not yet finished, a one-page summary of the ongoing thesis)
- d) the application form for the PhD program and
- e) GMAT/GRE test results if your master degree is not awarded from a Norwegian or an European institution.
Please note that the motivation letter, CV, and research proposal must be written in English. lncomplete applications will not be considered. Further information about the requirements is available here.
Applicants will be evaluated based on academic performance (grades from bachelor and master degrees), relevant research work, the project plan, and interview performance. Applicants are encouraged to include documentation of earlier, relevant work that shows academic potential. Applicants are encouraged to plan a stay abroad during the fellowship period.
Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the required documentation has been uploaded with the application.
The University has been awarded a Charter & Code certificate by the European Commission, and is entitled to use the HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) logo. The University is also a member of the EURAXESS network, which contributes to good working conditions for mobile researchers.