Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Postdoctoral position - K.G. Jebsen Center for Cardiac Biomarkers
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Institute of clinical Medicine
A funded 3 year postdoctoral position is available in the K.G. Jebsen Center for Cardiac Biomarkers led by professor Torbjørn Omland at the Institute of clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Campus Akershus University Hospital.
The position is in work package (WP) 5: FIBROGENES led by Dr. Ida Gjervold Lunde.
The postdoctoral candidate will
- Establish human cardiac fibroblasts in culture to study pro-fibrotic and anti-fibrotic molecular processes, with focus on cardiac fibrosis and heart failure.
- Perform viral transduction of the fibroblasts in culture to study the role of specific molecules and genetic variants founds in patient cohorts, in collaboration with our international collaborators.
- Evaluate genetic candidate variants in collaboration with our international collaborators.
- Perform in vivo experiments in mice.
- Analyze samples from cells and mice with various molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Present the results at national and international meetings, and publish in international, peer-reviewed journals. The work will be performed at Akershus University Hospital.
- Contribute to the K.G. Jebsen Center for Cardiac Biomarkers and Akershus University Hospital research environment
The candidate must possess previous research experience within the field of clinical molecular medicine and/or translational cardiac research, preferentially within the field of fibrosis. The candidate´s publication record will be evaluated. Experience with clinical cohorts, in vivo and in vitro experiments will be emphasized. Comprehensive experience with a wide range of molecular biology laboratory techniques is necessary to succeed in this position.
The position must be filled no later than 01.10.2022.
- Ph.D (molecular medicine)
- Experience in clinical molecular medicine and/or translational cardiac research
- Fluent in oral and written English and Norwegian
- A stimulating academic/scientific working environment
- Salary NOK 534 400 – 615 800 per annum in a position code 1352, depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Favourable pension arrangements (Statens Pensjonskasse)
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- An individual career development programme designed for researchers at the beginning of their career.
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter, stating your motivation, scientific background, and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- a complete list of publications
- 2-3 references (name, institution, e-mail, telephone number, and relation to the candidate)
- Copies of educational certificates and relevant diplomas (academic transcripts only)
The application with attachments must be submitted in English and uploaded in pdf format in our electronic recruiting system linked in the announcement. Please follow the link “Apply for this job”.
While the recruitment system includes a basic CV, we ask candidates to also include a separate, detailed CV in pdf format with their application. Applications without a cover letter and detailed CV will be rejected.
Applicants may be called in for an interview.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo.
No one can be appointed for more than one Postdoctoral Fellow period at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
Inclusion and diversity are a strength. The University of Oslo has a personnel policy objective of achieving a balanced gender composition. Furthermore, we want employees with diverse professional expertise, life experience and perspectives.
If there are qualified applicants with disabilities, employment gaps or immigrant background, we will invite at least one applicant from each of these categories to an interview.
For any informal enquiries regarding the position, please contact:
- Dr. Ida Gjervold Lunde, [email protected], +4790511364
- Professor Torbjørn Omland, [email protected] , +47 40107050
- For questions regarding the application process, please contact HR adviser Maren Retterstøl Olaisen: [email protected]