LEDIG STILLING VED INSTITUTT FOR ENERGITEKNIKK (IFE)!
Senior / Principal Research Scientist within Virtual and Augmented Reality
Institute for Energy Technology
Research for a better future.
IFE is an independent research foundation based in Norway at Kjeller and in Halden. We are in the forefront internationally in several fields within digital technologies, material and process technology, flow and analysis technologies, radiopharmaceutical technology and nuclear technology. IFE develops new solutions for the industry and public sector in over 30 countries. IFE is host to the international OECD NEA Halden Projects. We are about 600 employees and the annual turnover is about NOK 1 billion.
Read more about IFE here.
Will you join the team working on VR & AR?
We are growing fast and looking for Senior to Principal Research Scientists with a curious and collaborative attitude who are energized to conduct research for a better future within virtual reality, augmented reality, and spatial computing, and any of the following research fields:
- Human-computer interaction; computer-supported cooperative work;
- Spatial information systems (BIM; GIS; AR cloud); As-built modelling;
- Human-centred design; virtual prototyping; visual simulation; digital twins;
- Immersive training systems; serious games; cognitive psychology;
- Artificial Intelligence (machine learning, computer vision); robotics and remote operation
And in our research/business areas:
- Smart City
- Industry & Space
The VR&AR department works with 3D XR technologies (VR/AR/MR) , and spatial information systems. The department has over 25 years of experience in applying virtual prototypes, digital twins, and simulation technologies for safety-critical industries. We have a strong focus on human-centred design, open file formats, and cross-platform solutions for collaboration, combining 3D technologies with AI and simulation for decision-support and to improve situation awareness of users. See www.ife.no/vr for more information about the department.
As a Senior to Principal Research Scientist, you will have a well-paid permanent position where 100% of your time is dedicated to research activity (no teaching unless you wish to have a connection to a university, as well). You will spend your time working with private and public parties to carry out applied research work, generating scientific publications, and seeking new research opportunities and funding. You will be surrounded by distinguished colleagues with multidisciplinary research backgrounds in an inclusive workplace with strong national and international networks in research and industry.
You should have:
- PhD and research focus in one or more of our research fields. Given our multidisciplinary focus, expertise in more than one of the fields would be advantageous
- A strong publication record in the last 5-10 years in these research fields
- Track record of successful grant proposal writing
- Track record of leading research projects through to success
- A strong international network
- You should be fluent in English
- You should be interested in creating research groups around your research interests and mentoring junior researchers
- A permanent position fully dedicated to research activity
- Research tasks in fields that have great potential for large societal impact
- Considerable freedom to develop research projects in the direction of your interests
- A large degree of autonomy and flexible working hours
- A multidisciplinary work environment
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories
- A well-established and wide ranging national and international network within research and industry
- A growing and healthy organisation that is focused on individual and group development
- A very competitive salary with a good pension plan
How to Apply?
The following application materials must be submitted through the IFE job application portal:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Location: Halden in Norway.
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
Webcruiter ID: 4408761002