LEDIG STILLING VED SIMULA
Senior Research Engineer position - Software Engineering
Simula Research Laboratory
Simula Research Laboratory AS is a publicly owned research lab located in Oslo, Norway. Simula conducts Information and Communication Technology (ICT) research in the fields of scientific computing, software engineering, communication systems, machine learning and cybersecurity.
Simula's main objective is to create knowledge about fundamental scientific challenges that are of genuine value for society. This is achieved through high-quality research, education of graduate students, industry collaboration, technology transfer, and commercialization. Since 2001, scientific evaluations conducted by the Research Council of Norway has repeatedly placed Simula at the forefront of international research in ICT. The most recent in-depth evaluation was published in 2017, grading the full range of research at Simula as “excellent”.
Simula appreciates diversity. We currently employ approximately 155 individuals from 35 countries and strive to create a family-friendly working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women to apply.
Simula has a close collaboration with leading universities in Norway and abroad, both in terms of research and education, and facilitates extended research stays abroad. Our Master's and PhD students conduct their research at Simula, and attend courses and receive their degrees from university partners.
Norway is famous for its outdoor scenery, with gorgeous fjords, waterfalls and mountain ranges. Moreover, Norway is a safe and peaceful country with a thriving economy, offering a high standard of living and all the benefits of a social-democratic welfare state, such as social security and universal public healthcare.
Learn more about Norway: Official travel guide to Norway
Simula’s mission is to solve important and fundamental problems of science and engineering, with the main goal of benefiting and advancing society. We do this by concentrating on five select research areas in ICT and performing excellent research, by developing our people, and by spinning out applicable results into profitable startups.
Learn more about working at Simula: Careers at Simula
A full-time temporary position of Senior Research Engineer is available at Simula Research Laboratory in the area of Software Engineering. The position is for one year initially, but renewal or conversion into a permanent position will be considered for successful candidates.
Research and Innovation Activity
The Software Engineering departments of Simula contribute to the development of tools and experimental methods in various fields of Software Engineering such as requirements engineering, model-based engineering, software testing and analysis, software security, data-driven software engineering, intelligent test automation, quantum-based software engineering, etc. Together with their industrial and public partners, the three Software Engineering departments of Simula are engaged in innovation and technology transfer activities that require additional development and consultancy expertise.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Research Engineer position should have a PhD in Software Engineering or in Artificial Intelligence, and combine solid innovation background with successful technology transfer experiences.
The candidate should be able to work in a collaborative environment, with a strong commitment to reaching assigned objectives and achieving excellence. In particular, it is required that the candidate will collaborate with industry, SMEs, entrepreneurs, and public partners on short-term projects. Successful previous experience with software development in large and collaborative teams is required. Proficiency in one or more Scandinavian languages will be considered a plus.
Background knowledge and/or previous experience in the following areas, though not mandatory, will be considered very favorably:
- Demonstrates successful consultancy experience;
- Software development in large and collaborative teams;
- Development expertise in at least three programming languages, including Python;
- Good knowledge of Software Engineering methods and tools;
- Use of databases and cloud solutions;
- Building machine learning / deep learning applications and pipelines.
Simula is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers and engineers.
- An informal and inclusive international working environment.
- Generous support for travel and opportunities to build international networks, through established collaboration with industry, exchange programs and research visits with other universities, and funding to attend conferences.
- Modern office facilities located in Oslo.
- A competitive salary.
- Numerous benefits: access to company cabin, BabyBonus arrangements, sponsored social events, generous equipment budgets (e.g., computer, phone and subscription), subsidized canteen meals and monthly bus pass, comprehensive travel/health insurance policy, etc.
- Relocation assistance: accommodation, visas, complimentary Norwegian language courses, etc.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage them to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae: summarize your educational background, working experience (in particular, any relevant academic or industrial work), list of scientific publications, etc.
- Cover letter: outline your motivation for applying, relevant experience and qualifications, research interests and how/why you are qualified for the position.
Application deadline: June 1, 2021.
Applications will be screened continuously and a decision will be made as soon as we find the right candidate. Starting date as soon as possible.
Additional enquiries regarding the position can be addressed to:
- Are Magnus Bruaset: [email protected]
Simula Research Laboratory uses Semac´s background check in our recruitment process.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.