Ledig stilling på Høyskolen Kristiania
PhD research fellow within Media and Communication Studies
Kristiania University College
Kristiania University College offers study programs in management, organization, marketing, communication, computer science, information technology, health sciences, innovation and creative arts. Kristiania University College is Norway's largest independent comprehensive university college with its 14,500 students and a large education offering in Oslo, Bergen and online. Our mission is to strongly contribute to the country's social and economic development through problem-d
Kristiania University College is offering a fully funded PhD fellowship in Media and Communication Studies. The successful applicant will be included in a team of researchers with ambitious plans to further develop research and pedagogical activities related to Media and Communication Studies at the university college.
The PhD project should adhere to one or more of the following subject areas:
- Strategic communication
- Organisational communication
- Crisis communication
- Marketing communication
The position is directed towards people with background within media and communication studies but is also open for applicants with similar backgrounds – for instance, from technology studies, psychology, organizational studies, strategy, sociology, or from other related fields.
- MA degree in media and communication studies, technology studies, organizational studies, strategy, psychology, sociology or related fields
- Oral and written communication skills in English
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position
- Ability to work independently and goal oriented
- Strong interest in the subject area(s)
- The PhD position requires admission to the PhD program at the University of Bergen, Faculty of Social Sciences. Currently Kristiania University College does not offer a PhD program, and consequently, the selected candidate must be admitted to the PhD program of the collaborating university. Confirmed admission to this PhD program must be available at the latest six months after signing the employment contract.
- To be accepted for such a program, it is required that the candidate holds a relevant 180 ECTS bachelor’s degree, and a relevant 120 ECTS master’s degree (or integrated bachelor and master) with minimum 30 ECTS master thesis, and with grade similar to the Norwegian/European grade B or higher in average and for the master thesis.
- Proficiency in a Scandinavian language is an advantage.
The application must hold:
- Motivation letter for the position.
- A proposal for a research project (max five pages including references) that includes a brief overview of the specific issue the applicant wishes to focus on; ideas regarding planned subprojects and how they relate to the overarching goal of the project; reflections on methods and theoretical perspectives.
- Other relevant scientific works or papers/presentations.
- Summary of relevant publications or research experiences.
- Approved Diplomas and Transcripts (in Scandinavian or English language). The certificates/diplomas must include ECTS grades (A–F).
- At least two references.
- Master thesis.
- A full-time PhD research fellowship of 3 years.
- Working place at the School of Communication, Leadership and Marketing, Kristiania University College. The School is located in downtown Oslo, with numerous amenities, recreational spaces, and urban fun right next door.
- The opportunity for academic support and development in a large and comprehensive educational and research environment.
- An active research group and a project group with regular meetings, seminars and support networks.
- Salary is estimated to be between 450,000 and 480,000 NOK a year.
Kristiania University College welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds. Women and persons with minority background are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: October 19, 2020.
- Faltin Karlsen (Professor), +47 907 37 088, [email protected]