Ledig stilling ved Høgskulen på Vestlandet
Professor of Nursing
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences has one available position in 50% as Professor of Nursing
A 50% position as Professor of Nursing is currently vacant at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (Høgskulen på Vestlandet). The position will be based at the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Department of Health and Caring Sciences, which includes nursing and midwifery, Campus Bergen.
Key duties- and responsibilities:
You will contribute to strengthen research in nursing and develop the master's degree programme in clinical nursing, which currently has seven different fields of specialisation: diabetes nursing, cardiologic nursing, health visitor, nurse anaesthetist, paediatric nursing, intensive care nursing and operating room nursing.
Expected task and roles:
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
With about 16,000 students, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest higher education institutions in Norway. A broad range of academic programmes are offered at Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, spread out on five campuses Førde, Sogndal, Bergen, Stord og Haugesund.
Our ambition is to build stronger and more solid academic and research environments that will interact nationally and internationally. The aim is to become a recognized actor on the international higher education arena. Increased international cooperation and engagement in externally funded projects will work towards this goal.
The Faculty of Health and Social Sciences has approximately 370 employees and about 4500 Students. We offer a broad range of educational programs within the field of Health and Social Sciences as well as continuing education and post-graduate programs, as well as master’s degrees. In addition, there are several research centers associated with the faculty. Our students receive extensive skills training in addition to clinical placement, mainly through exercises in communication and testing at SimArena, an advanced simulation center. We practice flexible learning forms allowing the students themselves to participate in research and developmental work.
The Department of Health and Caring Sciences has around 210 staff members and about 2400 students in Førde, Bergen, Haugesund, or Stord. We offer bachelor's degrees in Nursing and master’s degrees in Clinical Nursing consisting of seven specialised fields. We also offer master’s degrees in Midwifery, Health and Social Services, Health and Care Science, and a number of continuing education programs. Our research aim to strengthen the foundation of clinical nursing, quality and innovation in health and care services, public health and ifestyle as well as educational quality.
- Strengthen research within the master’s degree in Nursing program.
- Promote interdisciplinary cooperation with student and user involvement in research.
- Apply for external research funds, nationally and internationally.
- Contribute to the development of the university’s doctorate programme and build up its overall research programmes.
- Teach, mentor and evaluate students at bachelor, master and PhD level and contribute to the overall provision of educational programmes.
- Publish articles of your own research, and broadly disseminate research results.
- PhD in nursing or related field.
- Proven research track record as a collaborator and a principal investigator.
- Etstablished publication record, including systematisk review.
- Proven experience of developing PhD curriculum and teaching at PhD courses and international research summer schools.
- Proven ability to acquire and manage externally-funded research prosjects within complex Intervention trials.
- Experience of teaching and mentoring at all levels.
- Experience of and an interest in domestic and international research collaboration and publications.
- Proven ability to acquire and manage externally-funded research projects.
- Good written and verbal spoken presentation skills in English.
- Good ICT computer technological competence.
- Clinical experience.
- An interest in/experience with e-learning.
- An interest in empowerment-based and mental health communication.
- Good skills regarding cooperation, environmental development and the creation of a good working environment.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to be innovative.
- Good administrative capabilities.
Applicants must be able to document pedagogical competence. If the person appointed is unable to document this based on education or teaching and guidance, he/she must take a course in university college pedagogy within two years from appointment.
To apply for this position, please use the link “Apply for this job” (“Søk stillingen”).
The applications will be assessed by the information entered in www.jobbnorge.no at the application deadline. The applicants are responsible for ensuring that all the documentation is submitted before the closing date, including the scientific work (up to 15 pieces), complete publication list, certificates and diplomas. If the diplomas, transcripts or other documentation are not in a scandinavian language or English, the applicant must upload the certified transactions himself. If the attachments exceed 15 MB, they must be compressed before uploading or attaching as a link.
The applications will be sent electronically to the expert committee. Based on the committee's recommendation, qualified applicants will be invited to an interview and an trial lecture. Applications cannot be sent by e-mail or to individuals at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences.
- Good occupational pension, insurance and loan schemes from The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Exciting academic environment with the possibility of competence enhancement and development
- Opportunities for training within the working hours
The position as Professor is paid according to the Government's salary regulation, in position code 1013 - professor
There is a compulsory 2 % deduction to the pension fund (see http://www.spk.no/en for more information). The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
The appointment will be made in accordance with the regulations for State employees Law in Norway ("Lov om statens ansatte)". Organizational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities associated with the position must be expected.
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and gender composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds.
Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected. Applicants may be called in for an interview.
- Head of Section, Johannes Haltbakk, phone: +47 55 58 56 29
- Head of Department, Georg Førland, phone: +47 52 70 26 36