Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Two positions as 20% Associate Professor in Personality Psychology
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Department of Psychology is one of seven units of the Faculty of Social Sciences, and has 75 permanent and 70 temporary members of scientific staff. Degrees are offered at bachelor and master level, plus a clinical training programme, and the PhD programme has 140 students.
Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Psychology, Section of Health, Developmental and Personality Psychology, Promenta Research Center
Two three-year positions at the Department of Psychology for Associate Professor in the subject area of personality psychology.
The positions will be part of the Section of Health, Developmental, and Personality Psychology. Each position is divided 50/50 to research and teaching. The research activities will be part of the Promenta Research Center, and the teaching obligations will be within topics related to personality psychology.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct high quality research in collaboration with Promenta colleagues, supervise PhD candidates, participate in teaching and in exam setting and assessment at all levels in personality psychology, and to carry out administrative duties in accordance with the needs of the department.
For more about the Promenta Research Center.
- PhD in psychology or equivalent academic qualifications with an excellent research profile including topics of personality psychology
- Teaching competence and experience in personality psychology or related fields
- Good oral and written skills in English and Norwegian (or other Scandinavian language)
The following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- Research experience in fields such as personality, development, or health psychology.
- Research background in mental health, wellbeing, genetics, psychometrics, longitudinal designs
- An innovative, active and strong research profile with excellent potential for performing high quality research.
- Teaching experience in personality psychology, psychometrics and assessment.
- Ability to fill teaching obligations at the section.
- Experience from grant applications and international collaborations.
- High expertise in quantitative analysis (e.g. structural equation, multilevel, epidemiological, genetic, or psychometric methods), and competence in statistical software such as R, Mplus, or Stata
- Personal suitability and team-work ability
Salary NOK 670 100 - 792 700 per annum (full-time position) depending on qualifications in position as Associate professor (position code 1011).
- Collaborations with Promenta researchers
- A professional and exciting working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
- A generous pension agreement
The opportunity to apply for promotion to full professorship at a later stage
How to apply
The application must include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing background and research interests)
- Short description of own recent research and future research plans (1 page)
- CV (complete list of education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, project acquisition and coordination experience, and other qualifying activities)
- A complete list of publications
- PhD Diploma
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In the evaluation of the qualified candidates the full range of these criteria will be explicitly addressed and assessed. Interviews will be part of the appointment process potentially along with a trial lecture.
Please refer to the Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships at the University of Oslo, the Guide for Applicants and Members of the Assessment Committee and Rules for practicing the requirement for basic pedagogical competence at the University of Oslo.
Pursuant to section 25(2) of the Freedom of Information Act, information concerning the applicant may be made public, even if the applicant has requested not to appear on the list of applicants.
The University of Oslo has a transfer agreement with all employees that is intended to secure the rights to all research results etc.
The University of Oslo has a personnel policy objective of achieving a balanced gender composition and to recruit people with an immigrant background. Alternatively: Women are encouraged to apply.
In addition, the University of Oslo aims for its employees to reflect the diversity of the population to the greatest degree possible. We therefore encourage qualified applicants with disabilities or gaps in their CV to apply for the position. The University of Oslo will adapt the workplace to suit employees with disabilities. Applicants who indicate that they have disabilities or gaps in their CV are made aware that this information may be used for statistical purposes.
- Head of Section: Francisco Pons, e-mail: [email protected]
- Promenta Director: Espen Røysamb, phone number +47 22845128: e-mail: [email protected]
- Head of Administration: Nina Rundgren, e-mail: [email protected]