Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Professor II / Associate Professor (20%) in medicine (medical biochemistry)
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway's oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is the oldest medical faculty in Norway. The Faculty is organized into three basic units and has approximately 1,500 employees and about 2000 students. The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute.
Oslo University Hospital is a highly specialised hospital in charge of extensive regional and local hospital assignments and the provision of high quality services for the citizens of Oslo. The hospital also has a nationwide responsibility for a number of national and multi-regional assignments and has several national centres of competence. The hospital is Scandinavia's largest and we each year carry out more than 1.2 million patient treatments. Oslo University Hospital is responsible for approximately 50 percent of all medical and healthcare research conducted at Norwegian hospitals and is a significant role player within the education of a large variety of health care personnel. We are an emergency hospital for East and Southern Norway and have national emergency assignments. The hospital has a total budget of NOK 17 billion. More than 20,000 employees are engaged with activities at more than 40 different locations.
The University of Oslo (UiO) is Norway's largest research and educational institution with 28 000 students and 7 000 employees. Professional breadth and internationally recognized research environments make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is Norway's oldest medical faculty. The Faculty works for progressive education, research and dissemination for the patients’ and society’s best interests. It is organized into three basic units and has approximately 1 500 employees (about 1 000 work years) and about 2 000 students.
A permanent, full time position as Senior Consultant is available at Department of Medical Biochemistry, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Oslo University Hospital. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Adjunct Professor SKO 8013 /Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine within medical biochemistry at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Professor II /Associate Professor (20 % position) of Medicine (medical biochemistry). The part-time academic position (20%) is combined with a full-time Senior Consultant, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Oslo University Hospital.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at OUH:Department of Medical Biochemistry is the largest medical biochemistry hospital department in Norway with about 400 employees performing more than 11 million analyses yearly and it offers a broad range of diagnostic analyses. The department has 24/7-activity at four locations and additionally three daytime sections performing clinical analyses within the fields of endocrinology, inborn errors of metabolism and thrombosis and hemostasis. See Om avdeling for medisinsk biokjemi (MBK) - Oslo universitetssykehus (oslo-universitetssykehus.no)The position as Senior Consultant will have daily workplace located at one or several of the locations Aker, Ullevål, Rikshospitalet or Radiumhospitalet. The candidate is required to engage in the daily diagnostic routine work at the department, which among other tasks includes:
- Validation of and commenting on clinical laboratory analyses within several fields of the laboratory’s activities
- Guidance of clinicians in selection and interpretation of laboratory analyses, including participation in multidisciplinary meetings
- Contributions to laboratory quality control and assurance
- Training of junior doctors in medical biochemistry and contribution to teaching all staff
- Medical responsibility for part of the department’s analyses
- Professional guidance on laboratory repertoire development
Qualification requirements – education and experience:
- Approved specialist in medical biochemistry or a different, relevant specialization
- Extensive experience from research and routine activity in the clinical laboratory relevant for medical biochemistry
- In depth competence in one or several fields within medical biochemistry
- A good general overview of all fields of medical biochemistry
- Applicants must have good knowledge of Norwegian, Swedish or Danish, both in writing and orally
- Good cooperation skills
- Flexible and positive
- Committed and confident
- Responsible and including
We can offer:
- An active work environment with many professional challenges within a broad field of medical biochemistry
- The department is equipped with modern and in part advanced instruments
- Positive and contributing colleagues
- Salary by agreement
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position.
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills:
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine:
- Department leader Professor Olav Klingenberg, Department of Medical biochemistry,e-mail: [email protected]
- HR-adviser Karoline Berg-Eriksen ( questions regarding the application process) Institute of Clinical Medicine, e-post: [email protected]
How to apply
The combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital. Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position
- Associate Professor and head of the Department of Medical Biochemistry, UiO Olav Inge Klingenberg, E-mail [email protected]
- Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Karoline Berg-Eriksen, E-mail: [email protected]
Webcruiter ID: 4434573137