Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Blindern og Urbygningen (Foto: Wikimedia og Colourbox)
Associate Professor related to Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo (UiO) is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
LINK contributes to strengthen the quality in education at the University of Oslo (UiO). We promote learning and innovation in UiO's education, networking across disciplines, and enhancing competence of teaching and Learning.
About the Centre for Learning, Innovation & Academic Development (LINK)
At LINK – Centre for Learning, Innovation & Academic Development, there is a vacancy for a permanent position as Associate Professor (position code/SKO 1011).
LINK is a multidisciplinary center directly organized under The University Board at the University of Oslo (UiO). The centre has an institution wide responsibility for supporting educational development, disseminating research-based knowledge about all aspects of higher education, creating networks across disciplines and faculties, supporting academic development, and for working with faculty and staff to enhance learning and educational quality. LINK does this through a wide range of activities directed at pedagogical innovation (see LINK’s strategy).
About the position
LINK is a strong interdisciplinary community, with broad expertise and profound insight and experience in supporting academic-, educational and digital development, as well as video production for educational purposes. The position is central in LINKs strategic efforts to strengthen its interdisciplinary competence, increase the capacity to partake in educational development work across UiO, and strengthen the research-based knowledge underlying LINKs practices, through researching practices and innovations.
The position involves 47 % teaching, 47 % research, and 6 % administrative tasks.
Candidates for the position are expected to pursue a research agenda of high relevance for the interdisciplinary educational development work of LINK, for LINKs strategic position within UiO, and for LINKs contribution to UiO´s strategic goals. Relevant research themes could be:
a) Digital (including use of video) and hybrid design for teaching and learning based on universal design
b) Student-active forms of learning and learning centered teaching/pedagogical design
c) Innovative assessment methods in higher education
d) Learning analytics and evaluation of students' learning
e) Governance and leadership in higher education
Participation in one of the research groups at the Faculty of Educational Sciences, e.g. Knowledge, Learning and Governance: Studies in higher education and work (HEDWORK), is expected.
The candidate for the position is expected to:
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of pedagogical innovation at UiO, in close collaboration with the faculties, pedagogical development centers at faculty level and Centers for Excellence in Education
- Combine pedagogical innovation, development, and research in various UiO projects aimed at increasing the quality of higher education
- Conduct research in a relevant field
- Develop and quality assure pedagogical use of digital solutions in education
- Develop more varied forms of teaching that stimulate learning and education for a diversity of student groups
- Consultancy and teaching activities in close collaboration with the faculties and other staff at LINK and UiO
- Contribute to innovation and competence building in the digitization of teaching and learning
- Disseminate research on higher education, and teaching and learning across the University of Oslo, as well as nationally and internationally
- Actively design research projects, apply for external research funding in relevant topics
LINK`s academic staff may also supervise students at master's and PhD level.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent qualifications within higher education/pedagogy focusing on teaching and learning in higher education is preferred. Doctoral degree within social science (political sciences and sociology) and humanities (visual communication) may also be of relevance
- Publications with relevance for the field of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Documented basic university pedagogical competence
- Experience with professional development work
- Strong knowledge of digital technology and pedagogical use of digital technology in higher education
- Experience to work with issues related to higher education in complex university settings
- The applicant must be able to document experiences with integrating research interests and practical educational development work
- Project leader skills and experience
- Experience with inter-disciplinary work and collaboration with practitioners
- Knowledge about the Norwegian higher education system in general
- Good communication skills in both written and oral Norwegian and English are a requirement for performing all the tasks associated with the position
- The applicant must be able to document strong collaboration and team-work skills, including experience with collaboration with academic staff from various disciplines
- Experience with collaboration with working life (third mission activities)
- Experience with development of innovative pedagogical design for teaching
- Experience with collaborating with students in teaching and research
- Experience with external funding
In the ranking of competent applicants, the whole range of qualifications will be considered, including the applicant’s personal suitability and motivation for the position.
- Salary from NOK 648 700 - 746 900 per annum depending on competencies, in a position as a Associate Professor (position code 1011).
- Good pension schemes
- Good welfare benefits
- The Associate Professor will have the opportunity to apply for promotion to a position as Professor at a later date
The application must include
- Application letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interests)
- A complete list of publications
- Educational portfolio of 3-6 pages documenting educational competence and experience, including a reflection note in which your own practice and learning vision is anchored in the SoTL criteria (focus on student learning, development over time, a research approach and collegial attitude and practice. For guidance, see this page).
- Description of qualifications in dissemination, management and administration
- Academic works (up to 10 publications) and a brief account of their scientific significance and, in case of co-authorship, a description of the applicants' contribution to each publication.
- References (list of 2-3 persons with name, title, email and phone number).
The application with attachments must be submitted via our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link: “Apply for this job”. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
Interviews will be used in the appointment process, and applicants will be required to give a trial lecture.
For questions about the position, please contact:
Please refer to the Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships at the University of Oslo, the Guide for Applicants and Members of the Assessment Committee and Rules for practicing the requirement for basic university pedagogical competence at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
Inclusion and diversity are a strength. The University of Oslo has a personnel policy objective of achieving a balanced gender composition. Furthermore, we want employees with diverse professional expertise, life experience and perspectives.
If there are qualified applicants with disabilities, employment gaps or immigrant background, we will invite at least one applicant from each of these categories to an interview.
Apply for this job