LEDIG STILLING VED OSLOMET
Associate Professor in innovation
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is one of Norway’s largest universities, with more than 20,000 students and 2,000 employees. OsloMet delivers knowledge to solve societal challenges, in close cooperation with the society and employers. OsloMet is an urban and diverse university with a clear international profile, and an attractive place to work and study with campuses in Oslo city center and at Kjeller in the Municipality of Lillestrøm. Our location in the metropolitan area gives us good opportunities to understand and benefit from the city’s diverse population.
Faculty of Social Sciences offers study programmes within archivistics, library and information science, journalism and media studies, social work, social policy and child welfare, public management and business. The faculty has about 4200 students and nearly 280 members of staff.
Oslo Business School has approximately 1700 students and 70 employees and offers study programmes both at Bachelor and Master level, as well as a wide range of continuing and further education.
Oslo Business School - OsloMet invites applicants to apply for a position as Associate Professor in innovation, with an emphasis on strategic innovation, digital innovation, services innovation and/or innovation management. Oslo Business School is developing rapidly and has several exciting initiatives underway, including the establishment of a new PhD programme in Business Administration, Innovation and Governance and a new master’s programme in Entrepreneurship. A position at Oslo Business School will give the candidate the opportunity to contribute to these new initiatives.
The position is part of the academic unit in Strategy, innovation and marketing. The unit is looking for a person qualified to contribute to further developing research and teaching primarily within strategic innovation, digital innovation, services innovation, digital innovation and/or innovation management. Moreover, we seek a person that has advanced competencies in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods, and who has experience with externally funded research projects. We particularly welcome applicants with research experience from externally funded research projects and with network in the business sector.
The applicants will be assessed based on an overall evaluation of documented professional competence, and doctoral degree from an accredited institution is required. Scientific competence will be evaluated in term of quality of research and experience from externally funded research projects. The candidate is expected to be involved in teaching and student supervision at BA, MA and PhD level. Formal pedagogical education as well as practical experience with teaching will count positively.
Your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- play a central part in research and dissemination of research results both to academic environments and society in general
- be a driving force for developing major research projects and applications for external funding together with colleagues in the academic community
- take the initiative and further develop research collaboration with national and international partners
- play a central role in the work of further developing the academic environment and the department's educations
- teach and supervise at bachelor, master's and PhD level, and follow up students in practice
- actively contribute to the development of the department and OsloMet as a whole
- initiate and carry out your own research and development work
Persons appointed to this position must:
- have a doctoral degree, preferably within strategy, innovation, business or other social sciences
- document extensive research and development work at a high level aimed at the professional field
- have relevant practical-pedagogical competence on the basis of education or teaching and guidance
- be proficient in oral and written English and Norwegian or another Scandinavian language.
- have experience from teaching and supervision in higher education
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
Qualified applicants will be assessed and ranked:
- primarily based on research output relevant for the position. Publications in highly quality outlets during the last six years will be emphasised
- based on skills in advanced research methods relevant for research and teaching at the business school
- based on experience teaching in higher education
- formal pedagogical qualifications
Applicants must document relevant educational competence in accordance with OsloMet's Guidelines for assessment of educational competence. OsloMet evaluates teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
The following will be emphasized:
- extensive research and development work that is relevant to the position
- scientific production from the last six years
- experience from teaching and supervision
- pedagogical skills
- diversity in research methodology
- experience from international collaborative research projects
- digital proficiency
- ability to communicate and collaborate well with students and colleagues
Personal qualities necessary for the position
We emphasize that you are collaborative and motivated to build professional communities and are concerned with new thinking and innovation in education, research and development work.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
- an exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest university
- participation in a creative and inspiring academic environment, the unit for strategy, innovation and marketing
- opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners/spouses
- work place in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Basic Collective Agreement for the Civil Service and OsloMets salary policy 1011 associate professor. The salary is NOK 535 200 – 694 400 per year, salary scale 60 – 74. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants.
If you would like to apply for the position you must do so electronically through our recruitment system.
You will be assessed by an Expert Committee.
You must upload the following documents with the application within the application deadline:
- Application letter
- CV, certificates and all aspects of diplomas
- Complete publication list
- Up to 10 scientific works, including your PhD thesis and the most recent publications (last six years)
- Preferably 2 references with contact information
We only process applications sent via our electronic recruitment system and all documents must be uploaded for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document checks in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact [email protected]
Before submitting the application documents to the Expert Committee, all applications will be reviewed by the faculty and applicants who do not meet the formal qualification requirements will not be submitted for assessment.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Head of section, Ingvild Jøranli, +47 957 96 290, [email protected]
- Head of department, Jørgen Modalsli, + 47 412 70 978, [email protected]
If there are no qualified applicants, we may consider an appointment to a temporary position, on the condition that the appointee qualifies for a permanent position within three years.
Deadline for application: 15.08.2021
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.