Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor / Associate Professor (20%) in Medicine (Microbiology)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital is a highly specialized hospital in charge of extensive regional and local hospital assignments. As Scandinavia’s largest hospital, we carry out more than 1.2 million patient treatments each year. The hospital has a nationwide responsibility for a number of national and multi-regional assignments, and has several national centers of competence. Oslo University Hospital is responsible for approximately 50 percent of all medical and health care research conducted at Norwegian hospitals, and is a significant role player within the education of a large variety of health care personnel.
Full time position as Senior Consultant (100 % position) at Department of Microbiology, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Ullevål combined with Professor II /Associate Professor 20% position in medicine (medical microbiology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
How to apply
The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Adjunct Professor position code 9301/Associate professor position code 1011 at the Department of Laboratory Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo. The part-time professorship (20%) is combined with a full-time (100%) position at the Department of Microbiology, Oslo University Hospital. The combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital.
Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20.000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
The University of Oslo (UiO) is Norway's largest research and educational institution with 28 000 students and 7 000 employees. Professional breadth and internationally recognized research environments make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is Norway's oldest medical faculty. The Faculty works for progressive education, research and dissemination for the patients’ and society’s best interests. It is organized into three basic units and has approximately 1 500 employees (about 1 000 work years) and about 2 000 students.
The Department of Microbiology is localized at both Rikshospitalet and Ullevål Hospital sites with integrated clinical and University functions. It is organized in eight sections for Bacteriology, Molecular diagnostics virology and serology, Research, Development, Control and Production, Medicine, Specimen reception, and Quality, IT and management support. At present, 14 senior consultants in medical microbiology and 9 junior doctors are employed in the department.The department serves Oslo University Hospitals and the other hospitals in Oslo and Norway, as well as general practitioners in the Oslo area. In addition, serological infection control is performed on blood donors and transplantation donors. The department performs a broad range of diagnostic assays within bacteriology, mycology, virology, parasitology and serology, with approx. 1,5 million analyses per year including several national diagnostic reference functions.
The department has a broad research activity focusing on genome stability, DNA repair, epigenetics, and cell signaling in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell systems as well as microbial pathogenesis, AMR and translational research in patients with infectious diseases.For further information, please see the Department webpage.
Positions work task
The full-time (100%) Senior Consultant position at the Department of Microbiology, Oslo University Hospital is combined with a part-time adjunct professorship (20%).
The position as Senior Consultant will be at the Section of Bacteriology at Ullevål Hospital. The candidate is required to engage in the daily diagnostic routine work at the bacteriology laboratory:
- Assessment and hands-on reading of samples in bacteriology and mycology
- Assessment and validation of microbiology reports
- Microbiological and antibiotics guidance of clinicians including participation in multidisciplinary meetings
- Responsibility for internal procedures and guidelines
- Training of junior doctors in medical microbiology
- Optional participation in the doctors´ on-call duty system
Qualification requirements - education and relevant personal qualities
- Approved specialist in medical microbiology
- Experience in the field of bacteriology is emphasized
- Competence in the field of antimicrobial resistance is desirable
- Applicants must have good knowledge of Norwegian, Swedish or Danish, both in writing and orally
- Certificate of good conduct (if needed)
- Good cooperation skills/team player
- Flexible and positive
- An active work environment with many professional challenges based on a very varied range of samples from hospitals (OUS-Ullevål, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Lovisenberg Hospital), hospital outpatient clinics and health services outside hospitals.
- The Department is equipped with modern and advanced instruments.
- Salary by agreement
- An employer participating in the Agreement on Inclusive Working Conditions.
- Appointment takes place on the terms stated at all times in the applicable laws, collective agreements and regulations.
- Membership in a pension scheme is mandatory.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
Application for the Senior Consultant position are required to use WebCruiter.
Application for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate, http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form—-phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
Contact persons for the Associate professor position:
- Professor Fredik Müller, Department of Microbiology, UiO, e-mail: [email protected]
- Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Karoline Berg-Eriksen, e-mail: [email protected] (Enquiries about the application process)
Webcruiter ID: 4171212928