Ledig stilling ved NMBU
Professor / Associate Professor in Renewable Energy
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
NMBU has a special responsibility for research and education that ensures the basis of life for future generations.
Sustainability is rooted in everything we do and we provide knowledge for life.
NMBU has 1700 employees and 5200 students and is organized in seven faculties. NMBU has a campus in Ås and in Oslo. In 2021 we are co-located on Ås.
Further information on NMBU is available at www.nmbu.no.
The Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management (MINA) works with nature and the environment, sustainable use of natural resources, biological and geological processes.
MINA’s employees undertake teaching, research and dissemination within the fields of geology, hydrology and limnology, soil science, environmental chemistry, forestry, ecology, natural resource management, renewable energy, and nature-based tourism.
Our vision is to be a key actor in knowledge production and dissemination, and our goal is to deliver research of high, international quality, and varied and excellent teaching. The faculty’s employees are significant participants within their respective fields of expertise, both nationally and internationally. The faculty is dominated by a vital research culture and high levels of scientific production.
The faculty has about 200 employees, 90 PhD students and 650 students.
Are you interested in decarbonizing energy systems and develop associated methodologies and tools? Do you want to apply your research to real life challenges and give advice on how to reach environmental and renewable energy targets?
About the position
Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management (MINA) at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a vacant, permanent position as associate professor or professor in renewable energy. This position will complement and strengthen the renewable energy related research and education profile within the Faculty. The renewable energy research group has 5 permanent staff (professors and researchers), 1 adjunct professor, 3 adjunct associate professors and about 10 PhD and postdoc students.
We are now looking for an individual with a distinct research profile in renewable energy working within one or both of the following topics:
- Energy systems modelling and analysis applied to integrations of renewable energy and development of sustainable energy transition
- Techno-economic assessments of renewable energy projects and systems, including fossil free transportation
Based on the required expertise and experience outlined above, the person to be employed will have the following main tasks:
- Initiate and undertake externally funded research within the research fields listed above
- Teach, manage and develop courses in the renewable energy study programmes
- Supervise MSc and PhD students
- Participate in the development of BSc, MSc and PhD education programmes
- Communication and social contact to the non-academic community
- Participate in administrative duties
Qualification requirements, desired experiences, knowledge and personal qualities
- PhD degree in a relevant field
- A strong academic track record showing internationally competitive research output within relevant subject areas with weight on academic work during the past five years. Alternatively, for applicants without academic positions, a strong record in conducting and managing research-based projects and excellent analytical skills.
- Good skills in English and a Scandinavian language enabling the applicant to teach courses in Norwegian less than two years after appointment
- Knowledge of the Nordic energy resources and energy system
The following experiences and skills will be emphasized:
- Ability to initiate and obtain external funding, and complete research projects – preferably interdisciplinary involving technical, economic and environmental aspects related to renewable energy
- Experience from quantitative analyses applied to renewable energy and conditions for a sustainable energy transition.
- Documented experience with national and international research cooperation
- Interdisciplinary experience (technical, economic, environmental) in research and teaching
- Ability and experience in collaboration with external user partners in the energy sector
- Pedagogic and administrative proficiency
- Documented teaching and supervision qualification and experience
You need to:
- Have high working capacity and motivation for cooperation with other research groups at the faculty
- Have good communication skills, ability to establish new contacts and develop networks
- Have ability to create a welcoming and productive working environment for colleagues and students
NMBU wants more women in permanent scientific positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Remuneration and further information
The position is placed in government pay scale 1011 Associate Professor, framework 24, salary grade 61-77 (NOK 542.400 – 741.300) or 1013 Professor, salary grade 72 - 80 (NOK 667.200 - 813.400). In the case of particularly highly qualified applicants, a higher salary may be considered.
For further information, please contact:
- Head of section, Professor Torjus F. Bolkesjø (E-mail: [email protected]) or
- Dean, Professor Hans Fredrik Hoen (E-mail: [email protected])
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button above. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Application deadline: June 1st, 2020
All applicants must document their teaching competence.
Up to ten publications selected by the applicant as most relevant must be attached to the application. If it is difficult to identify the contribution of the applicant in multiple-author publications, a short explanation about the applicant’s part of the work is suggested.
Printed material which cannot be sent electronically should be sent by surface mail to Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management, P.O. Box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, within 01.06.2020. Please quote reference number 20/01735.
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to present verified copies of diplomas and certificates.