LEDIG STILLING VED NMBU
Associate professor in Physics
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
NMBU has a particular responsibility for research and education that secures the basis for the life of future generations. Sustainability is rooted in everything we do and we deliver knowledge for life. NMBU has 1,800 employees of which about 250 phd scholarships and 6,000 students. The university is divided into seven faculties.
NMBU believes that a good working environment is characterised by diversity.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, functional ability, cultural background or whether you have been outside the labour market for a period. If necessary, workplace adaptations will be made for persons with disabilities.
More information about NMBU is available at www.nmbu.no.
About The Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology (REALTEK) develops research-based knowledge and educates civil engineers and lecturers needed to reach the UN's sustainability goals. We have approximately 150 employees, 70 PhD students and soon 1500 students. The education and research at REALTEK cover a broad spectrum of disciplines.
This includes data science, mechanics and process engineering, robotics, construction and architecture, industrial economics, environmental physics and renewable energy, geomatics, water and environmental engineering, applied mathematics as well as secondary school teacher education in natural sciences and use of natural resources such as in agriculture, forestry and aquaculture. The workplace is in Ås, 30 km from Oslo.
We seek a highly motivated researcher to strengthen research and teaching in environmental physics and renewable energy.
About the position
A permanent position as associate professor in Physics is available at the Department of Physics at the Faculty of Science and Technology (REALTEK).
We are seeking a candidate to complement and extend research activities within renewable energy and energy systems at the Faculty of Science and Technology. We are looking for candidates who are interested in technologies for power conversion and storage of energy for future energy systems based on renewable energy carriers.
The successful candidate will be assigned to teach courses in physics at the undergraduate level and graduate courses in energy related topics in general. The position will involve responsibility for courses in electrical engineering.
Supervision of MSc candidates in the program of Environmental physics and renewable energy, and PhD candidates within the applicant’s research field will be an important part of the position.
REALTEK offers new academic staff an attractive onboarding package:
- If you are not already a main supervisor for a PhD-student, you will be prioritized when distributing university funded PhD positions
- You will get NOK 50.000 as start-up-funding for conference fee, travels, etc.
- Teaching and development of basic physics courses at the undergraduate level
- Develop and teach graduate level physics courses including electrical engineering
- Scientific research within energy physics at an internationally respected level
- Supervision of MSc and PhD students
- Academic administration
Required Academic qualifications:
- BSc and MSc or equivalent in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering. PhD degrees taken at non-Norwegian universities must be approved as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD degree.
- Educational competence documented in a “teaching portfolio” with a description of
- Pedagogical qualifications, completed a program of at least 200 hours and pedagogical experience
- Teaching-, pedagogical- and tutoring experience
- Basic teaching skills in planning, implementation, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision
Those who do not meet the educational requirements for employment shall be required to meet them within two years of employment. The required training will be provided by NMBU.
- Background in electrical machines and transformers, and considerable experience in energy systems, power electronics, or renewable energy technologies
- Data acquisition skills and experience with measurement techniques, experimental physics, electrical engineering, or related subjects
- Data analysis skills
- Track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
Desired academic qualifications:
- Experience with battery systems, transmission and distribution of electrical power and energy
- Administrative experience
The following language skills are required:
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Fluency in a Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish) for teaching at the undergraduate level. Candidates not fluent in a Scandinavian language will be required to pass a Norwegian language test at the B2 level within three years.
Required personal skills:
- Strong motivation for working with energy physics and renewable energy technology
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
Personal qualities and suitability for the position such as motivation with regards to establishing and developing relevant research activities and to successfully attract research funding, will be given considerable weight.
A priority at NMBU is to increase the percentage of women in permanent academic positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Remuneration and further information
The position is placed in government pay scale position code 1011 Associate Professor, wage framework 24, salary grade 68-77 (NOK 626 100 - 752 800), depending on qualifications. Seniority Promotion in position.
Pursuant to the Personal Data Act, we will hereby notify you that the report of the expert committee will be sent to all applicants.
For further information, please contact Professor Espen Olsen, Head of department of Physics, E-mail: [email protected]; phone: +47 67231566
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button above. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Application deadline: 15.12.2021
Up to ten publications selected by the applicant as most relevant must be attached to the application. If it is difficult to identify the contribution of the applicant in multiple-author publications, a short explanation about the applicant’s part of the work is suggested.
Applicants must also enclose documentation of their educational competence, called an educational directory. See NMBU's guide for applicants and members of the expert committee for documentation and assessment of educational competence for a position as associate professor.
Printed material which cannot be sent electronically should be sent by surface mail to Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, within 15.12.2021. Please quote reference number 21/04846
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to present verified copies of diplomas and certificates.