LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Research Scientist - Low temperature electrolyzers
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner..
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Industry is a contract-based institute delivering research-based solutions and services that generate wealth for its clients both in Norway and overseas. On the basis of our multidisciplinary knowledge and advanced laboratories, we develop, in close collaboration with our clients and partners, technology and cross-disciplinary solutions within a wide range of technical and market segments.
We are looking for a new team member to strengthen our research team on low temperature electrolyzers (PEM and alkaline). You should have a PhD degree in a relevant area (Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar), or equivalent experience. Your work will consist of planning, executing, reporting and ensuring quality of testing of water electrolyzers, as well as writing proposals and managing projects.
SINTEF holds a strong position internationally within hydrogen technologies. We are involved in numerous European FCHJU projects focusing on fuel cells and electrolyzers, ranging from fundamental research to large demonstration projects. We have a strong international network and cooperation with almost the entire hydrogen industry, such as the auto manufacturers, major energy/utility companies as well as SME's and small start-up companies. SINTEF is also strategically well positioned and contributes regularly to the shaping of the European research agenda.
You enjoy working independently as well as in a team, have good interpersonal skills and are proactive. Furthermore, you are customer- and solution oriented, and you have the ability to take initiative. You are able to work systematically and have excellent experimental and analytical skills. You will become part of a strong scientific environment with both a large degree of responsibility and freedom. SINTEF places high demands on scientific and financial results, whilst at the same time providing for and facilitating your personal development.
A good candidate for this position should have some or all the following qualifications:
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of electrochemistry, thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid flow and their application to electrolyzer technologies. Similar competence in fuel cells is a plus
- Experience in electrolyser material synthesis, physical modelling or cell/stack design.
- Experience in development and validation testing of electrolyzer components and systems
- Knowledge of construction, maintenance and use of electrolyzer test stations
- Expertise in advanced electrolyzer diagnostics techniques (cyclic voltammetry, loss breakdown analysis, impedance spectroscopy, current mapping, etc.)
- Experience with electrolyzer component testing, testing tools and method development
- Knowledge of the use of scientific software such as Matlab, Origin and LabView
- The ability to communicate well in English, both oral and written
- Experience in writing research proposals
The following skills will be an advantage:
- A strong research and publication record
- Experience in project management
- Experience from international R&D cooperation and preparation of project proposals
- The ability to build and maintain scientific and customer network.
- Experience with mathematical/numerical modeling of electrochemical systems and processes
- A good grasp of written and spoken Norwegian, as well as other languages.
We can offer:
- An internationally recognized, dynamic and motivating working environment
- Great opportunities for scientific and personal development in an organization that values responsibility and initiative
- Great opportunities to influence own projects
- Participation in innovative national and international projects in close collaboration with industry and other research institutions.
- Colleagues who want to make a difference.
- Collaboration with academic staff and students at universities and colleges
- Flexible working hours, salary based on qualifications, day care, good pension and insurance schemes.
Questions regarding the position:
- Ingeborg Kaus (Forskningsleder), +4798243940, [email protected]