LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Research Scientist - Communication systems and Navigation
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner
.Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Digital conducts research and innovation in the areas of information and communication Technology, technology-oriented social Sciences and Health research. Our multidisciplinary knowledge base is used across all industries and helps our customers exploit and meet the opportunities created by today's omnipresent digital transformation.
Do you want to work with communication systems and navigation in one of Europe's most exciting research institutes?
SINTEF is one of Norway's most recognized brands, and has today grown into one of Europe's largest independent research institutes. Our reputation and growth are a result of the innovations and solutions we have developed for our customers and for society. We all use many of these solutions every single day, and many of these solutions come from the SINTEF Digital institute.
Our vision is technology for a better society, and this has been the foundation of all our business for over 70 years. The UN Sustainability goals are an important and natural part of everyday life in SINTEF and we report our work in this field in our own annual sustainability report.
SINTEF Digital is a leading research institute that develops the ICT solutions of the future in key areas of society. The institute works closely with industry and delivers research-based competence and technology for the development of systems, products and services within all aspects of ICT.
Connectivity Technologies and Platforms is one of seven research departments in SINTEF Digital. We develop solutions for our customers in the areas of communication technology, acoustics and navigation. Our business basis is to contribute to customers' technology development through contract research, at the same time moving the research frontier forward.
The department consists of two research groups; Communication Systems and Acoustics. The Communication Systems group consists of 16 researchers who work with research and development within the subject areas of signal processing, machine learning, electromagnetics and acoustic wave propagation, communication networks, secure communication and navigation. This involves close collaboration with industry in autonomous vehicle control systems, sensor networks for various industrial applications, antenna technology, non-destructive testing, modem technology for satellite communications, and high-integrity navigation systems. The department is now looking for a candidate for a research position in communication and navigation technology.
As our new researcher, you will be part of a team that delivers state-of-the-art research in navigation and communication technologies with national and international partners. We experience great demand for our expertise and you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and our team further. In addition to working as a research scientist, you are expected to contribute and take an active part in the development and sale of new projects.
You have a higher education (M.Sc or equivalent) in signal processing, electronics, communication technology, or cybernetics with specialization in navigation systems, preferably with competence in the following subjects:
- Communication protocols and standards
- Embedded development and programming of microcontrollers in C / C++
- Navigation and wireless location technologies
- GNSS and multi-sensor integration.
In addition, we will focus on skills in the following areas:
- Understanding customers' needs and issues.
- Market understanding and abilities to build and maintain a research and customer network.
- Language skills – written and spoken English and Norwegian will be necessary.
- Ability to work well in teams and deliver within deadlines.
SINTEF provides its employees:
- Good management and systematic development of leadership talents.
- A documented and inclusive work environment that values diversity.
- A varied and flexible working day in what has been named Norway's most attractive employer for a number of years.
- Unique opportunities for professional and personal growth in a competence based environment where almost 60% of our researchers have a PhD degree.
- Particularly good pension and insurance schemes, welfare schemes and competitive conditions.
Welcome to SINTEF as who you are and who you want to be!
Workplace is Trondheim.
Application deadline: 1 February 2021.
For more information, contact:
- Research Manager Bengt Holter, [email protected], Telephone: +47 932 10 246, or
- Senior Research Scientist Stig Petersen, [email protected], Telephone: +47 930 03 112
Questions regarding the position:
- Bengt Holter (Research Manager), +47 932 10 246, [email protected]
- Stig Petersen (Seniorforsker), +47 930 03 112, [email protected]