LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Scientist / Senior scientist – Micro and Nano Photonics
SINTEF er et av Europas største forskningsinstitutt, med flerfaglig spisskompetanse innenfor teknologi, naturvitenskap og samfunnsvitenskap. SINTEF er en uavhengig stiftelse som siden 1950 har skapt innovasjon gjennom utviklings- og forskningsoppdrag for næringsliv og offentlig sektor i inn- og utland. SINTEF har 2100 medarbeidere fra 80 nasjoner og en årlig omsetning på over tre milliarder kroner.
Vår visjon: Teknologi for et bedre samfunn
Les mer om SINTEF her.
SINTEF Digital driver forskning og innovasjon innenfor digitale teknologier, teknologiorienterte samfunnsfag og helse. Vår flerfaglige kunnskapsbase benyttes på tvers av alle bransjer, og hjelper våre kunder med å utnytte og møte mulighetene som skapes av digitalisering og digital transformasjon.
Join our team to develop Micro-Nano photonic systems and sensors of the future!
SINTEF Microsystems and Nanotechnology (MiNaLab) (www.minalab.no) is a leading provider of R&D and fabrication services in silicon-based microsystems, including feasibility studies, device design, process development, process integration, process and device simulation, prototyping and small-scale production. We work in close cooperation with national and international companies to develop state-of-the-art and tailor-made sensors and actuators used in a wide range of application areas like Aviation and Space, Consumer electronics, Scientific and medical instrumentation, Oil and Gas, Renewable energy, Production monitoring and industrial sorting, Biomedical and Environmental technology.
We are a highly innovative environment with strong focus on bringing technology from the concept stage to the market in close cooperation with industry and research institutions across the world, as well as through commercialization of own technology via licensing and spin-offs.
We are now looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist within Micro- and Nano Optics
The Micro Optics group focuses on innovative sensor applications relying on silicon MEMS in combination with diffractive optics, photonic crystals and metasurfaces. We are currently looking for candidates with experience and interest within nano-photonics. You should have an ambition and capability to take on a leading role in further development of our project portfolio in this area, in addition to contributing to technical work involving concept development, MEMS/sensor design, process development, follow-up of component fabrication in the cleanroom, as well as characterization and testing. You will be part of a project team responsible for delivering high quality R&D work to industrial customers and/or academic R&D partners.
You should be dedicated and self-motivated, proactive and creative. You will be expected to contribute to project idea development, establishment of new collaborations with both technological and academic partners, and to write proposals for R&D projects to various funding agencies such as e.g. EU and the Research Council of Norway.
We are looking for candidates with qualifications matching several of the following requirements:
- PhD in photonics (e.g. metamaterials, metasurfaces, photonic crystals, waveguides), electromagnetism, nanotechnology, physics, or related discipline, with a strong academic record (excellent grades and/or strong publication record).
- Experienced in setting up optical systems (e.g. laser interferometry, lens characterization, micromirrors) and use of programming (Labview, matlab)
- Experience and competence in sensor design.
- Experience with simulation techniques such as FDTD, RCWA, PWE, etc.
- Hands-on experience in cleanroom processing and use of advanced characterization tools (spectrometers, thin film optics, optical characterization techniques such as FTIR, ellipsometry, white light interferomtery, etc) is considered advantageous.
- Extensive scientific and industrial network, and good understanding of industry needs and markets
In addition to technical-scientific competence, we are seeking candidates with skills like:
- Team player
- High focus on quality
- Ability to take initiative and to generate new ideas
- Ability to see the potential in technological development to develop novel components or concepts
- Ability to interact and work in close cooperation with customers
- Good communication skills in both English and Norwegian/a Scandinavian language (not compulsory but highly appreciated)
- Exciting and challenging work.
- The opportunity for in-depth research and development.
- Creative and engaging working environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension- and insurance scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
Spørsmål om stillingen