Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Researcher Protein Chemistry
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
A three-year position, with possibility for prolongation, as researcher in the area of T-cell based cancer immunotherapy is available at the Institute for Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo. The researcher will be part of the Experimental Immunotherapy group at the Department of Cancer Immunology, headed by Prof. Johanna Olweus. The position is funded by an ERC Consolidator Grant to Olweus, with project start in September 1, 2020. The position is available from February 1, 2021. The Department of Cancer Immunology has approximately 70 members in six research groups.
More about the position
The position will be integrated into the Experimental Immunotherapy group at the Department of Cancer Immunology. The main goal of the group is to develop novel T cell-based concepts for cancer immunotherapy. The position is related to the project OUTSOURCE (Outsourcing cancer immunity to healthy donors) funded by the European Research Council (ERC). The main objectives of the project are to identify novel immunotherapy targets and T cells/T-cell receptors (TCRs) that recognize the targets.
The researcher will be a core member and driving force of the team seeking to identify and characterize novel T cell epitopes. This includes responsibility for project management and development and supervision and training of other team members. Additional tasks include preparation of reports, recruitment and teaching.
Qualification requirements and personal skills
The applicant must have a PhD degree in mass-spectrometry (MS) based proteomics and analytical chemistry and a strong scientific publication record demonstrating core competencies in MS related activities.
In addition, the successful applicant should have
- A strong research background in MS/proteomics/immunopeptidomics (preferably 5 years or longer postdoctoral experience)
- Proven ability to manage and drive MS and immunology related project activities
- Demonstrated skills in MS-based immunopeptidomics/proteomics and corresponding data analysis
- Working experience with high resolution MS instruments and technologies for both targeted and untargeted analyses
- Previous experience with protein post-translational modification (oxidation, glycosylation &phosphorylation) analysis using MS
- Working knowledge in immunoprecipitation, protein production & purification and post-translational modification enrichment techniques
- Knowledge of basic flow cytometry applications in immunology
- Hands on experience with cell culture and viral transduction technologies
- Previous experience in supervising PhD/Master students
In addition, the successful applicant should have excellent communication skills in oral and written English, be highly motivated and dedicated, and possess excellent team working skills.
We are looking for a candidate with hands on experience in relevant tasks, so that he/she can immediately start working with key project related activities.
- A dynamic and stimulating scientific environment in a young, enthusiastic and motivated team of immunologists and MDs at the international forefront of cancer immunotherapy
- A network of world-renowned international collaborators
- The Institute of Cancer Research is at the international forefront and houses top modern (2009) and excellent lab facilities with a wide range of core facilities (animal, light and electron microscopy, flow cytometry, genomics and bioinformatics, MR), with additional core facilities (mass spec etc) at the Radiumhospitalet (Oslo University Hospital) and UiO sites.
- Salary NOK 597 000 - NOK 682 000 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Researcher (position code 1109)
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- A complete list of publications
- Transcripts of university diplomas
- List of 3 referee persons (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “Apply for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language). In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications, as well as the candidates motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
- Professor Johanna Olweus, email: [email protected]
Information about the electronic application form can be addressed to Senior HR Adviser Thoril Kristiansen, email: [email protected]