LEDIG STILLING VED NILU
Senior Scientist / Scientist - Ecological economics, environmental footprints and sustainability
Norsk institutt for luftforskning
NILU - Norsk institutt for luftforskning skal gjennom forskning øke forståelsen for prosesser og effekter knyttet til atmosfærens sammensetning, klimaendringer, luftkvalitet og miljøgifter.NILU har en sterk posisjon nasjonalt og internasjonalt, og er innenfor utvalgte fagfelt blant de ledende fagmiljøer i verden. NILU har ca. 165 ansatte.
About the position
There is an open position as a senior scientist/ scientist on ecological economics, environmental footprints, and sustainability at NILU - Norwegian Institute for Air Research. The position is permanent and is affiliated with the Department of Environmental Impacts and Sustainability (IMPACT). The department has the responsibility for research and studies supporting the transition to a sustainable society and circular economy, with a strong focus on minimizing impacts on the environment, health and climate.
The candidate is expected to contribute to expanding NILU’s activities on the development of sustainable solutions and to provide perspective and competence on (socio-)economic drivers of production and consumption and associated emissions and impacts. This includes contributing to the development and application of methods to determine the environmental footprint of products and industrial processes. As NILU is a non-governmental applied research foundation, the candidate is expected to contribute to project acquisition and to support the needs for undertaking various externally funded projects.
The applicant is expected to:
- Contribute to the department’s research and work on systemic transitions to a sustainable and circular economy, with focus on socio-economic drivers of production and consumption;
- Contribute to the application and development of interdisciplinary models for environmental and carbon footprints of products and systems to, e.g., support policies and business development;
- Lead project acquisition and participate in national and international projects;
- Disseminate research results, including publishing in the peer-reviewed literature.
The following requirements to the applicant are relevant:
- PhD in a relevant field (e.g. ecological economics, environmental economics, sociology, industrial ecology, system dynamics);
- Experience in the use, development and interpretation of (socio-)economic models;
- Experience in the development and use of environmentally extended MRIO models and/or Life Cycle Assessment models is an advantage;
- Experience with publication of scientific research in peer reviewed journals;
- Experience in acquisition and leadership of international and/or national research projects at the level of project coordinator or work package leader (e.g. Research Council of Norway and European projects);
- A wide industrial and research network is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of English, both oral and written – knowledge of Norwegian is an advantage.
- Stimulating, collaborative and international working environment where colleagues have broad experience and complementary competence
- Opportunity to work on a variety of existing projects as well as develop a personal research agenda within the overall department strategy
- Open source and open access philosophy regarding software and data
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent pension, welfare, and insurance schemes, and a competitive salary
We seek candidates with good communication and collaboration skills, with a strong focus on team-building. We have extensive collaboration with the European Environment Agency, national and international research institutes and universities, through a variety of nationally and internationally funded projects. Travel activities are to be expected as part of the work. While NILU can offer partial home office, successful candidates from abroad will have to relocate to Norway.
The application must include:
- Application letter including a statement of motivation and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of educational certificates and degrees
Please note that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Details about NILU can be found at www.nilu.no.
Informal enquiries about the available position can be directed to:
- Research Director Cristina Guerreiro ([email protected]) Phone +47 41418487 or
- Dr. Evert Bouman ([email protected]) Phone +47 45079755
Applications including CV and copies of degrees/diplomas should be sent through www.jobbnorge.no, as soon as possible and no later than 10 August 2021.
We perform a background check in our recruiting process.