LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Researchers - SINTEF Ocean
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner..
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Ocean conducts research and innovation related to ocean space for national and international industries. Our ambition is to continue Norways leading position in marine technology and biomarine research. We develop innovative solutions for sustainable use of the ocean in close partnership with industry and government. The company has 340 employees and with headquarters in Trondheim, and offices in Tromsø, Hirtshals, Oslo, Ålesund and Bergen.
Would you like to work with the marine structures of the future?
SINTEF Ocean is searching for new and curious researchers to work with the marine structures of the future. Our research is focused on several applications, such as offshore wind, floating solar and coastal structures like floating bridges. We work with development of analysis methods, and we perform analyses and studies, both numerically and experimentally in hydrodynamic laboratories. We also develop numerical tools and commercial simulation software. Our research projects are funded by the Research Council of Norway, the European Commission and our industrial partners. We have a strong and robust project portfolio with both long term and short term projects. We are hosting a centre for research based innovation called SFI BLUES – Floating structures for the next generation ocean industries (www.sfiblues.no).
Your tasks will be within one or several of the areas:
- Development of methods and numerical tools for simulation, design and analysis of fixed and floating structures
- Carry out analysis and concept studies
- Laboratory testing
- Project management and project development
We are looking for candidates:
- Having a MSc or PhD within marine hydrodynamics, marine structures, structural dynamics or similar.
- Having competence within some of the following topics mooring systems, fixed or floating structures, offshore wind, floating bridges, dynamic response, optimization, programming or software development.
- That are passionate about technological opportunities in the ocean
- Having knowledge about research proposals for the Research Council of Norway and/or European Commission.
- That are team players and have the power to implement.
- That are curious, enterprising and creative.
- Having good written and oral communication skills.
- That are motivated by the possibility to develop technology for a better society.
- That are recently graduated or have some experience from working life.
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an internationally leading R&D environment within marine technology.
- A pleasant working environment with highly skilled colleagues from more than twenty nations
- Flexible working hours, good pension, insurance and welfare schemes, competitive salary
- Courses and personal development through the SINTEF school
- Great opportunities for scientific and personal development in an organisation where responsibility and initiative is highly values
- Possibility to shape your own working day
The place of work will be at the Marine Technology Center at Tyholt in Trondheim. We are asking for concise applications with CV and transcript of records within January 15, 2021.
For more information about the positions, please contact:
- Vegard Aksnes (Research manager for marine structures), Phone: +47 91874693, [email protected]
Questions regarding the position:
- Vegard Øgård Aksnes (Forskningsleder), +47 91874693, [email protected]