NORSAR har en ledig spennende stilling!
Position within fibre optic acoustic sensing
NORSAR is an internationally recognized independent research foundation. We specialize in seismology and seismic monitoring.
This position is working closely with the applied seismology team developing methods and work processes to be used in different applications and industrial segments. The applications under current investigation are landslide and avalanche detection, leakage in pipelines, earthquake mapping and characterization and event detection in general.
NORSAR has a growing instrument pool currently consisting of 3 DAS and 1 DTSS system, as well as an in-house fibre test facility aimed at fundamental and applied research towards the advancement of fibre sensing technology.
Workplace is Kjeller. The position will include travel activities in Norway and abroad.
Qualifications, experience, and knowledge
You will be working with fibre optic sensing data acquired for different objectives both on a local, regional, and global scales. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design, planning, and execution of fieldwork throughout Norway and potentially other locations. Data analysis and signal processing will be a major component in this position.
Furthermore, competence in some of the following areas are required:
- Strong signal processing skills for event detection and characterisation
- Proven technical programming skills (e.g. Matlab, Python)
- Track record in publishing high-quality research is desirable
- Experience from industry or development projects is desirable
- Understanding of optoelectronics, photonics, and laser technology is of advantage
Skills and abilities
- Ability to present complex or technical information effectively to a range of audiences
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and an eye for detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and activities
- Experience in design documentation/specification/customization
- Commitment to results and a keen interest for the usability of the research
We seek a sociable, proactive and committed person who is a good team player, result-oriented and independent. The candidate should be fluent in Norwegian and have good English language skills.
We can offer exciting and challenging work that requires independence, initiative and a sense of responsibility.
Please send your application and CV to [email protected] by 25 October.