LEDIG STILLING VED HANDELSHØYSKOLEN BI
Head of Department in Marketing
BI Norwegian Business School
BI Norwegian Business School is ranked among the top business schools in Europe combining internationally recognized research and a wide range of educational offerings from bachelor to master and doctoral degree programmes as well as executive programmes. BI’s mission is to build the knowledge economy by empowering people and improving business. BI has 20 000 students, more than 300 000 alumni, and a number of academic and business partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally. BI holds the three most prestigious international quality accreditations – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. BI is organised as an independent foundation whose purpose is teaching and research. All profits are used to strengthen BI's academic- and learning environment.
There is a vacant position as Head of Department in Marketing. The Head of Department is a member of the Provost’s management team, the President’s extended management group and is expected to participate is committees such as the Senate, Programme Committees and other committees set up in order to reach BI’s strategic goals.
About the DepartmentThe Department of Marketing is one of the largest academic communities within the field of Marketing in Europe. The department recruits internationally in order to ensure high quality research of relevance to the international research community.
Research at the Department of Marketing focuses on relevance, theory development, and creating solutions for companies and have three research groups: Marketing Strategy, Consumer Behavior and Marketing Modeling. The Department has one Research Center for Multisensory Marketing.
Goals and responsibilities for the positionThe Head of Department is expected to show excellent leadership skills, be able to set goals and strategically work both towards BI’s and the department’s goals. The Head of Department has the academic, financial, and administrative responsibility for the activities within the department. He/she is responsible for recruitment, allocation of resources and the development of relevant faculty on all campuses. The Head of Department is responsible for building a good and professional work environment and will also be responsible for the follow-up of faculty in line with BIs Quality Assurance System.
Main tasks will include:
- Set goals for the academic development for the departments and means to reach those goals
- Appointing and developing of world-class faculty with significant impact on international research, student learning and business practice, in line with BI’s strategy.
- Develop research-based attractive academic programmes and further develop existing programmes in close cooperation with the Deans
- Implementing effective teaching practices and student-oriented learning design to secure student learning outcome and provide inspiring learning experiences
- Contribute to the development of cooperation with excellent international academic environments and institutions.
- Increasing external funding for research activities, initiate and develop research centers in line with BI’s policy
We are looking for a person with
- A scientific position, preferably as professor, within relevant research areas.
- Excellent leaderships skills and the ability to motivate others, preferably with a documented experience from the higher education sector.
- Ability to work systematically towards goals and lead a team
In addition, we will emphazise
- Excellent understanding of leadership in the higher education sector in the context of academic freedom.
- Motivating leadership style with focus on cooperation, involvement, dialogue, and a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build networks, establish trust both internally and externally.
- Management style stimulating to good results and ensuring a good working environment.
The terms for Head of Department will be in accordance with BI practice.
External applicants must have positive professor evaluation from a renown institution within a relevant research area and will be entitled to a permanent faculty position after ending the fixed term period.
Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview and may also be invited to a screening process conducted by an external recruitment agency. BI Norwegian Business School reserves the right not to hire applicants, who are academically qualified but to not fulfill other requirements for the position.
Questions concerning the vacancy may be directed to the sitting Provost Professor Hilde C. Bjørnland phone 46 41 07 67, or email: [email protected]
Application are sent electronically by using the button ‘send application’ by the deadline of 5th of June 2022. Starting date August 1st, 2022.
- Hilde C. Bjørnland, Mobile: +47 46 41 07 67
COMPANY HOMEPAGE: www.bi.no