LEDIG STILLING VED HANDELSHØYSKOLEN BI
PhD scholarship - Leadership and Organization
BI Norwegian Business School
BI Norwegian Business School is ranked among the top business schools in Europe combining internationally recognized research and a wide range of educational offerings from bachelor to master and doctoral degree programmes as well as executive programmes. BI’s mission is to build the knowledge economy by empowering people and improving business. BI has 20 000 students, more than 300 000 alumni, and a number of academic and business partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally. BI holds the three most prestigious international quality accreditations – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. BI is organised as an independent foundation whose purpose is teaching and research. All profits are used to strengthen BI's academic- and learning environment.
BI Norwegian Business School offers a four-year PhD programme in business and economics. We are pleased to announce a limited number of PhD Scholarship positions for the Leadership and Organization specialization.
Department of Leadership and Organizational Behavior has several scholars that regularly publish on a broad range of issues in the field’s top journals. Such journals include Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Leadership Quarterly, Journal of Management Studies, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, PlosOne, and Journal of Experimental Psychology: General. Our scholars regularly attend the most important international conferences and cooperate with top international scholars in the field.
The four-year programme is designed for talented students who wish to pursue an international career within academia and who can contribute on the international arena with their research and publications. This is in keeping with the school’s vision of being one of the leading research business schools in Europe.
Eligible applicants must have completed a Master of Science degree with thesis work, a research masters/M.Phil. degree, or a comparable degree relevant for the specialization in Leadership and Organization by the early autumn of 2021, with a grade point average of B or higher. An MBA degree does not fulfill the requirements for admission.
Final year Master of Science students are encouraged to apply.
Accepted applicants will be offered close supervision by experienced scholars and follow-up by the other scholars at the department.
The four-year scholarships are currently NOK 506.300- per year (this amount will be increased after 2021 salary adjustments). The position gives automatic access to BI's pension scheme. The scholarships require 25% of the teaching responsibilities of a full-time professor position. PhD candidates will have their place of work at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo, Norway.
Additional information about the doctoral program, admission requirements and the application can be obtained from the Doctoral Administration at BI Norwegian Business School (Email: [email protected]) and the department’s website.
You are required to upload the following with your application:
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent, including transcripts of grades
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent, including transcript of grades
- A Diploma Supplement or a similar document describing in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree (https://www.nokut.no/en/about-nokut/international-cooperation/diploma-supplement/)
- Other relevant certificates and transcripts
- A project proposal (5-10 pages including topic, proposed method, schedule)
- Letters of recommendations from people who can assess your suitability for doctoral studies. These people would ideally by academics who have taught you, supervised your research work, or have other relevant information about your potential as a researcher. If such people are not available, non-academic professional people can also provide a letter with an emphasis on your research potential. A minimum of two letters is required. Please arrange with the people submitting recommendation letters to email their recommendations to ([email protected]) by the application deadline.
- Name, title, and institution on your references.
- Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level, if requesting approval of these for the PhD programme at BI Norwegian Business School (see section 2 in our PhD Regulations)
- A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant activities
- Signed verification document. Template to be found here
Please note that all documents must be uploaded in the electronic application. Documents may not be submitted by e-mail. Furthermore, note that any documents forwarded after the application deadline will not be considered. Exceptions will only be made for students who are completing their Master’s Degree in 2021 and do not have a final certificate when applying. Please note that you will not be able to revise your application once it has been submitted.
Candidates may at a later stage be asked to forward further information and/or be called in for an interview.
Candidates, who are accepted for the programme, must provide a more detailed progress plan with milestones and courses for the four years of study.
COMPANY HOMEPAGE: www.bi.no