Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Principal Engineer - Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM) was established in 2008 and is the Norwegian node in the Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine. NCMM is a joint venture between the University of Oslo, Health Region South-East and the Research Council of Norway. From 2017 NCMM is merged with the Biotechnology Centre of Oslo and now has altogether 11 research groups. The overall objective of NCMM is to conduct cutting edge research in molecular medicine and biotechnology as well as facilitate translation of discoveries in basic medical research into clinical practice.
We are seeking a full-time principal engineer (SKO1085) starting in April 2020 at the Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM) in the Structural Biology and Drug Discovery group lead by Dr. Hartmut Luecke. This is an 8 month temporary position, with possibility of extension.
Dr. Luecke’s group uses a multidisciplinary approach that involves crystallography, nuclear magnetic resonance, cryo electron microscopy and computational techniques to obtain structural and mechanistic insights on numerous systems. Structural knowledge is fundamental for understanding the underlying mechanisms involved in biological processes. This therefore aids in the identification and the development of new and more effective drugs.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with an excellent track record that can work both independently and as part of a team. We encourage newly educated candidates to apply. This is a unique opportunity for a person with the right mind set to develop in a scientific and dynamic environment and the right candidate will have the opportunity to be actively involved in a structural biology and drug discovery projects.
- Ordering and receiving chemicals and consumables in a time-efficient manner
- Maintaining glassware, common solutions and logs
- Hands-on experience in laboratory equipment maintenance
- Support group members with individual needs in the fields of cloning, protein expression and purification – membrane protein experience is a plus
- Mammalian and insect cell protein expression is a plus
- Knowledge of the UIO purchasing system
- Experience with cloning, protein expression and purification techniques
- Understanding of the HSE regulation
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Time management
- Willingness to learn
- salary NOK 449 300 – 504 700 per annum depending on qualifications in a position as Principal Engineer, position code 1085
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include:
- cover letter statement of motivation
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our recruiting system.
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about
the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
Inquiries about the position can be directed to Dr. Hartmut Luecke
Inquiries about the application can be directed to HR-adviser Nina Modahl