AquaGen AS har en ledig spennende stilling!
Molecular biologist (Forsker)
AquaGen is a research-driven company which develops and applies state-of-the-art farming, reproduction, and genomic protocols to selection and breeding of different fish species and to supplying their fertilized eggs to the global aquaculture industry. With science as a driving force and a strong focus on fish health and sustainability, we take care of the world's most genetically refined breeding material on Atlantic salmon, rainbow trout, coho salmon and lumpfish. AquaGen has over 300 employees in Norway, Chile, and the UK. The Norwegian main office is in Trondheim, our production facilities are in Heim ,Tingvoll, Ørsta and Steigen, and part of our Breeding and R&D department is in Ås.
#akvakultur #bioteknologi #bærekraft #laks #ørret #helse #rognogfjordene
Are you our new molecular biology researcher?
AquaGen's research group in Ås counts seven researchers within the fields of genetics, genomics, bioinformatics, and molecular biology. The group is responsible for maintaining and improving the genomic components of AquaGen’s many breeding programs. The group has extensive collaborations nationally and internationally, and seeks to use the next generation of technology to bring about innovations in fish breeding. The group is located on campus at the Norwegian University of Life Science (NMBU).
The research department seeks a skilled molecular biologist with a passion for applied research. As a researcher in AquaGen, you will be part of a group of molecular biologists and geneticists working for a healthy and fast-growing farmed salmon. Do you want to be part of a company where state-of-the-art science is applied towards securing tomorrow’s sustainable food production?
About the position
- We are looking for an experienced researcher to strengthen our capacity for molecular biology research, focusing particularly on new breeding technologies.
- The focus of the position will be to study mechanisms that control resistance to viruses and sea lice with the aim of producing a resilient and robust salmon.
- The laboratory work includes common molecular biology techniques, expression analyses, cell culture, protein work, gene editing, microscopy and carrying out fish experiments.
- You will report to AquaGen’s Genomics Manager located in Ås.
- PhD in molecular / cell biology or similar.
- Good knowledge of cell culture and gene editing.
- A solid understanding of biology and immunology.
- The ability to independently generate ideas and test their validity, combined with a liking for teamwork.
- Good communications skills, and good skills in written and spoken English.
What we offer
- An exciting research position in a company where science is vital contributor to value-creation and sustainability.
- A close connection to the Norwegian University of Life Science, a globally leading institution in fish genomics and aquaculture research.
- A friendly and including working environment, formed by an experienced and interdisciplinary team.
- Room to grow within a vital and forward-looking industry.
The position is located at our research center at NMBU - Norwegian University of Life Science, Arboretveien 6, 1430 ÅS.
The application should consist of a cover letter (1 page), CV with list of publications, and University diplomas including grades.
- Thomas Moen (Genomics Manager), 976 24 263, [email protected]
- Jacob S. Torgersen (Senior Researcher), 920 19 966, [email protected]